Bread pudding. Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Have now made three using this recipe. A deliciously moist bread pudding like mum used to make.
Mix the egg, milk, soft brown sugar and mixed spice together and pour over the ripped bread. Scrunch the bread in the milk mix until the liquid is all soaked in. Home » Recipes » Bread » Old Fashioned Bread Pudding. You can have Bread pudding using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread pudding
- It’s 6 of bread slices day – old.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter , melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins (optional).
- You need 4 of eggs , beaten.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon ground.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 8 – inchs of original recipe makes square pan.
Delicious warm with custard or cold as a cake. From Nigella's bread and butter pudding recipe to Levi Roots' zesty cranberry and lime version, try this old fashioned pud for a comforting classic. Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread each slice with on one side with butter, then cut into triangles.
Bread pudding instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)..
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins..
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped..
Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in. Bread Pudding is a nostalgic blast from the past for most people. The main ingredients in this traditional Bread Pudding recipe are fruit, milk and wholemeal bread, so we can kid ourselves it's good for us too! Cut the bread up into one inch squares and put into a large bowl cover with water and leave to soak for half an hour or so. Begin by placing the sultanas, currants, raisins and candied peel in a bowl.