Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF. Welcome to Vicky's Bread Our beautiful french artisan breads include the classic baguette, multigrain, rustic Bordelais sourdough and spelt sourdough. We also produce olive breads and other specialty breads on special days and at the weekends. Vicky's bread produces slow rise, French-style artisan breads in Helston, Cornwall.
Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF [email protected] Free-From Cookbook Scotland. A great way to use up those Easter buns! Da Bara Brown Tin Small Sliced. You can have Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 50 grams of gold-foil Stork margarine / butter.
- You need 6 of hot cross buns, recipe from my profile vic20adamant.
- You need 1 tbsp of sultanas.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raisins.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Custard.
- Prepare 350 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 50 ml of coconut cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of arrowroot powder or cornstarch.
- It’s 25 grams of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
If you are a fan of beautiful French artisan bread, become a fan of Vicky's bread,. Phil Vickery is here with hot cross bread and butter pudding and a hot cross bacon butty. See actions taken by the people who manage and post content. When ready to bake, brush the top of the risen dough with the milk.
Vickys Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Grease a 2 pint pie / ovenproof dish with a little of the dairy-free spread. Cut each hot cross bun in half, spread each piece thickly with the remaining butter, then cut each half again diagonally. Cover the base of the pie dish with overlapping triangles of bun pieces, butter side up.
- Lightly sprinkle over a little nutmeg and cinnamon and a few raisins and sultanas. Repeat this layer one more time or until the dish is filled. Sprinkle the remaining raisins and sultanas on top.
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar (leaving a little aside for topping) and arrowroot together. Add a little of the milk to make a paste then keep whisking as you add the rest of the milk. Warm it over a low heat and add the cream and vanilla in. Alternatively you can use my custard recipe which is posted in my profile.
- Pour the custard mixture evenly over the bread. Gently press the surface with your fingers to push the bread into the custard. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the surface then leave to one side for 30 mins to let the custard soak into the buns. Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until the buns have absorbed all the liquid and the top is golden and serve hot. Delicious!.
To make the cross, mix the flour and water to make a soft but pipeable paste. Pour the mixture into a disposable piping bag, snip the end and pipe a cross over the dough. After completing an intensive artisan bread course at the French Culinary Institute in New York, I set up Vicky's bread in an industrial unit in Helston, where we still are today. Vickys Organic Bread Vicky's beautiful French artisan breads include the classic baguette, multigrain, rustic Bordelais sourdough and spelt sourdough. A great way to use up those Easter buns!