Vegan nut roast. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the onion, celery, leek and.
Add the mashed parsnip, cooked pearl barley, gluey seed mix, grated vegan hard cheese (if using), chopped parsley and whole hazelnuts to the fried mushroom mixture. Season generously with salt, then mix everything together really well. This delicious vegan nut roast recipe is full of hearty veg – butternut squash, aubergine, red pepper – as well as nuts, herbs and green olives for flavour and texture. You can have Vegan nut roast using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan nut roast
- Prepare 2 of medium parsnips.
- You need 2 of medium carrots.
- You need 1 of medium sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 of medium echalion shallots.
- Prepare 1 cup of chestnut mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw cashews.
- It’s 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1/3 cup of almonds.
- You need 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- You need 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs (use GF crumbs, GF oats or omit for a GF recipe).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Marjoram (or Oregano if preferred).
- You need 1 tsp of Thyme.
- It’s of Vegan butter or coconut oil for frying.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
Cooked in a round tin, it makes a showstopper main with its bright pomegranate garnish. This vegan nut roast is both easy to prepare and an easy pleaser – it's kept wonderfully moist and flavourful with the addition of lentils and carrots, and the nuts, seeds and lentils mean it is also packed with nutritious plant-based protein. How To Make Vegan Nut Roast First up you want to crush some raw mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts) in the food processor. Transfer them to a mixing bowl and set aside, we'll come back to this shortly.
Vegan nut roast instructions
- Preheat oven to 190 C degrees..
- Grease a 450g/1lb bread loaf tin with vegan butter or coconut oil, and line with baking paper..
- Prick sweet potato with fork and wrap in foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft enough to mash. Alternatively, microwave for 5-6 minutes until soft. Peel when cooled..
- Core and rough chop parsnips into 2cm chunks..
- Peel and rough chop carrots into 2cm chunks..
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and cook carrots for 5 minutes, then add parsnips. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until carrots are just soft enough to mash, then remove from heat and drain..
- Meanwhile, finely chop mushrooms and shallots and gently fry in a medium frying pan with a knob of vegan butter or teaspoon of coconut oil until just beginning to soften. Leave to cool..
- Use a pestle and mortar or end of a rolling pin to crush cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and almonds so that no whole pieces remain – keep chunks for a good texture..
- Add cooked carrots, parsnips, sweet potato to a bowl and lightly mash together..
- Add cooked mushrooms, shallots (and mushroom and butter liquid) and all nuts and seeds to bowl..
- Add nutritional yeast (if using), breadcrumbs, seasonings and salt & pepper to taste..
- Mix well using stick blender, spoon or hands. It should hold its shape. If too wet, add more breadcrumbs or oats..
- Press well into tin and smooth over top..
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, rotating half way through, or until a crust has formed on top and edges are brown and crispy. If you like a firmer 'loaf', cover with foil and bake for another 10 mins..
- Remove from tin and leave to cool slightly before slicing. Keeps well for up to five days in the fridge, and can be frozen too..
- **Optional extras*** – Lightly toast almonds and cashews in a frying pan before crushing – Add dried cranberries and/or chopped apricots before baking for a fruitier version – Add 1 tbsp peanut butter or cashew butter for a nuttier version, or as a substitute for one or more of the nuts above – Add 1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave nectar for a sweeter version.
This meatless Vegan nut roast is made from lentils, nuts, cranberries and carrot. It tastes meaty and crunchy and is the perfect accompaniment to a roast dinner. My tasty recipe for Vegan nut roast is gluten-free and high in plant-based protein. It is also a fabulous recipe for Christmas Dinner or Thanksgiving. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then roughly chop.