Black Bean Burgers (Mexican style). Wide Variety of Hand-crafted Burgers, Steaks & More. Place on a tray and chill for at least an hour. If using bread rolls, split in half.
In a large bowl, mash beans. Add oil to a pan and fry mushrooms and onions at medium to high heat until they start to turn brown. Deglaze with some soy sauce and let the liquid vanish almost completely. You can cook Black Bean Burgers (Mexican style) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean Burgers (Mexican style)
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of green onions, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of roasted red pepper (I used store bought), finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh mushrooms, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 of &1/2 tsp cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 of lg eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of taco sauce.
- You need 1 of &1/2 tsp Montreal steak spice.
- It’s pinch of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, drained, rinsed, patted dry.
Add pepper and salt to your liking. Black Bean Burgers (Mexican style) Mandi Blair. Non-mushy delicious black bean burgers that taste surprisingly similar to beef burgers. Tip the beans into a large bowl, then roughly crush with a potato masher.
Black Bean Burgers (Mexican style) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spread beans evenly onto a lined baking sheet & bake for 15 mins until slightly dried out (this is important to reduce mushiness of the beans).
- Meanwhile saute olive oil, red pepper, mushrooms, green onion & minced garlic until soft. Gently blot some of the moisture out..
- Place sauteed mixture in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients (except beans). Stir together & then add the black beans. Mash with a fork, leaving some larger chunks of beans..
- Form into patties. Bake at 375 F for 10 mins each side or grill 8 mins each side. Melt cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese on top..
Spread each side of the burger buns with chipotle soured cream. Place the bean burgers on the bottom. When the burgers are almost cooked, top each one with mozzarella. Lift the onions out of the balsamic with a fork. These vegan Mexican bean burgers are my ultimate bean burger recipe – spicy, flavourful black and kidney bean patties, that aren't mushy in the middle and hold their shape perfectly when cooked.