Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing. Using Locally Sourced Seasonal Ingredients, It's Live, Raw & Naturally Fermented. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing Garrett Groszko Bristol, UK.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the diced onions, garlic and mushrooms. Transfer the vegetables to a food processor, along with the remaining ingredients. Heat the olive oil in a large pot. You can cook Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing
- It’s 1 loaf of whole-grain bread.
- Prepare 175 grams of green or red lentils.
- It’s 75 ml of vegan butter.
- You need 3 of medium onions (diced).
- Prepare 5-6 stalks of celery (diced).
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots.
- You need 400 grams of chestnut mushrooms.
- It’s 1 package of chestnuts.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of flax egg (see my recipe).
- It’s 1.5 tsp of fresh chopped sage (can lightly fry if you have time).
Turn off heat and add the bread, chestnuts, herbs,. Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we're going to make a distinctive dish, vegan mushroom and chestnut stuffing. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique.
Vegan Mushroom and Chestnut Stuffing instructions
- Get a decent loaf of bread and cube it the night before and let it dry out. If you are pressed for time spread out the cubes on a baking tray and set your oven to a low temp (around 100 C) and bake for 30 minutes. Turning half way through..
- When you are about to make the stuffing. Start to cook your lentils. It takes about 30 minutes to do so, giving you plenty of time for the rest of the stuffing..
- Preheat your oven to 180C..
- While you lentils cook. Cut and dice your celery and onion first then sauté them until your onions are translucent..
- Chop up your chestnuts while you are sautéing the veg..
- Put your bread cubes in to a large mixing bowl and pour (2/3 of) your wet ingredients over evenly. Add your flax eggs to the mix at this point..
- Then add in your veg and chestnuts. Mix thoroughly. It should be of a consistency where it wants to stick together, but isn’t runny. Use stock as needed to achieve this..
- Grease a baking dish with a vegan spread. I use Flora..
- Transfer everything to baking dish and pat it down with the back of a spoon so it is evenly spread..
- Cover with foil. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes..
- Take the foil off and crank the oven up to 220C, then cook some more for about 10 minutes or more. You want a golden crusty top..
This is gonna smell and look delicious. A lot of stuffing recipes are made with meat, so it can be tricky to figure out where to start when. Mushroom and chestnut stuffing Make this stuffing on Christmas Eve and cook it from chilled before serving, or prepare further in advance and freeze, defrosting before cooking. For a vegan version, whizz a drained, rinsed can of bijoux lentils into the mushroom mixture, omit the sausagemeat and use oil not butter for the glaze. Grease an ovenproof dish or small roasting tray with oil.