Salmon Cakes. Drain and leave to steam-dry, then mash. Scrumptious salmon cakes made with tinned salmon. Lots of seasoning, and a low salmon to breadcrumb ratio, ensures these are the tastiest!
Mix egg, onion, breadcrumbs and salmon together. If mixture is too dry, add some reserved liquid from the salmon. In a frying pan, heat olive oil. You can cook Salmon Cakes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salmon Cakes
- You need 10 oz of chunk salmon (skinless boneless).
- It’s 2/3 cup of Bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of egg (beaten).
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chopped green onions.
- It’s 1 tbsp of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dill.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Franks red-hot sauce (or any cayenne pepper sauce).
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon (zest only).
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil (for frying).
Salmon Fishcakes with Cucumber and Dill Sauce. Scaling up cake recipes; Conversion tables; Freezing advice; Food allergies; Cookery school videos. Spiced Lamb Koftas Braised in Tomato Sauce. Chop the rest until super-fine, almost like a purée, then mix the chunkier bits back through it and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Salmon Cakes instructions
- In medium bowl mix together salmon and bread crumbs..
- Beat 1 egg and add to salmon mix along with the rest of the ingredients (except oil) adding more bread crumbs of mixture is too wet..
- Form 3 inch long patties about an inch thick, should get about 4 patties..
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Enough so that about a half an inch of oil covers the bottom of skillet..
- Fry each patty for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper town to let cool. Serve with your favorite tartar sauce..
In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and add the diced onion, salmon and pepper. Create a complete superhealthy supper with these light, Asian-style fish cakes and sweet potato chips. Cut the zested lemon into wedges. Put the mashed potatoes, salmon, egg, salt, pepper and parsley together in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients together using a fork to break up the fish, then form into patties.