Grill Baked Smore's Cake. Food you never knew you wanted. Simple to make for a weeknight dessert and its also perfect for a crowd! After all, every day is a good S'Mores day, right?
The ingredients needed to make Grill Baked Smore's Cake: Take of graham cracker cake. This cake pretty much goes against my whole summer philosophy. First off, I have to turn on my oven. You can cook Grill Baked Smore's Cake using 18 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grill Baked Smore's Cake
- Prepare of graham cracker cake.
- You need 2 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 large of egg whites.
- It’s 3 large of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of room temperature butter.
- Prepare of topping #1.
- Prepare 1 large of bag of mini marshmallows.
- It’s of topping #2.
- You need 1 large of bag of milk chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
- You need of topping #3.
- It’s 1 of handful of graham cracker crumbs (optional).
- It’s 1 of handful of mini marshmallows (optional).
Second, it has several steps (but so worth it) and finally, it's anything but light. But after one slice of this cake that little s'more sandwich looks downright paltry and sad. Soak cloth cake pan strips in water. In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
Grill Baked Smore's Cake instructions
- preheat grill: If you have a three burner gas grill, on a three burner gas grill, light only the two end burners leave middle burner off. Set the two end burners on low….. If you have a charcoal grill, Preheat charcoal grill as normal….. If you have a two burner gas grill light both to low..
- meanwhile (cake) …. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Set aside..
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy..
- Add egg yolks to butter mix. Mix until well combined..
- Stir in vanilla..
- Beat alternately into butter mix, the milk and ,the graham cracker mix. Starting with the dry and ending with dry. Beat until well combined..
- Fold in egg whites until mixed completely..
- Pour batter into a greased 13×9 grill safe metal pan..
- Take out a second empty grill safe 13×9 pan..
- Place empty pan with opening towards heat to create a platform..
- Place cake batter filled pan on top of platform pan. (This creates an indirect heat cook essentially an oven effect).
- Keep lid closed and cook for 20 minutes. After your 20 minutes, check the cake. If it is not done, check in 5 minute intervals until toothpick comes out clean..
- Remove from grill and place in wire rack to cool. (Do NOT cool completely).
- TOPPING #1: Spread marshmallows onto a greased grill safe metal pan (doesn't matter what size as long it fits) I, personally, use 13×9 cookie sheet…. Place on your pedestal pan and grill. And heat until marshmallows are soft and gooey, stirring occasionally so they don't burn..
- Remove marshmallows from grill and softly spread the marshmallow on top of cake..
- TOPPING #2: In a grill safe metal bowl, add chocolate chips and a couple of tablespoons of milk. Place directly in grill grate. Using a rubber spatula and a fire safe mitt, continuously stir chocolate until completely melted adding more milk if needed to create a slightly runny paste. Remove from heat..
- Immediately pour over marshmallow topping and gently spread until cake is covered.
- TOPPING #3: (optional) Sprinkle handful of graham cracker crumbs over top of chocolate. Then sprinkle handful of mini marshmallows on the top..
- Let cool for a half hour and then serve and ENJOY!.
- *HINT* you may not get it right the first time. grill baking is tough. it took me about three times to get it right myself. But, its great for summer time cooking because it doesn't heat up your house and the smores cake is perfect because you get a little bit of that outdoor flavor just like a real smores..
- hint.. gas grills work better than coal but either can be used..
- hint: to cut down on smokey flavor just cover cake with lose fitting foil. if you don't like smokey flavor at all.. bake on a gas grill or in oven..
- Makes ONE 13×9 inch cake..
Add in the flour, cocoa powder, beaten eggs, baking powder and beat again briefly till combined – try not to over beat the mixture! Get recipes for s'mores brownies, cakes, pies, and more. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the chocolate hazelnut spread into. Top the gingerbread with the chocolate and marshmallows.