Cajun chicken pasta salad. To put the salad together, add half the chicken and half the cooked peppers to a large bowl with the drained pasta. Pour in the dressing and toss together, so everything is evenly coated in the dressing. Then, over the top, add the remaining chicken, roasted peppers, charred corn and sliced avocado.
Mix together all the creamy dressing ingredients until well blended and spoon over the chicken and pasta mixture. Toss gently together and sprinkle with parsley. Make dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise with oil, lemon juice, cajun seasoning, and paprika. You can have Cajun chicken pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken pasta salad
- Prepare of Orecchiette pasta.
- You need of Cavatapi pasta.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Paul Prudome poultry seasoning at least.
- Prepare of Italian dressing.
- Prepare of French dressing.
- It’s of Bell peppers different colors cut into matchsticks and chunks.
- It’s of Black olives.
- Prepare of Green onion.
- It’s of Yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 halves of Chicken breast.
- You need of The best olive oil you can find.
Make pasta salad, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook. The chicken in this Creole pasta salad definitely has some kick. When done, shock in ice water to stop the cooking. Remove ends from onion, peel, cut in half, then julienne.
Cajun chicken pasta salad step by step
- Boil pasta al dente drain… set aside.
- Put oil in skillet (this gets really smokey if you can do this outside do it)Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks coat with olive oil…and paul prudome poultry seasoning (coat it well) when the oil in the skillet is smoking (be careful fine line here between smoking and a fire) the coated chicken gets crispy in the high heat (blackened) cook through..
- Have chopped peppers onion olives chopped and ready.
- When chicken is done add rest of veggies.
- Stir for a minute or 2 then add french dressing and Italian dressing let it simmer for a few minutes..
- Cool off (tastes great warm too).
- Put cooled pasta salad in fridge overnight.
- Flavors get better overnight!!!.
- This can be adjusted to feed a few or alot of people…. use amounts that make sense to you (I know….for you people who measure everything this kinda sucks sorry).
CAJUN PASTA … Sprinkle Cajun seasoning over the chicken breasts (just enough to lightly coat). Flip the breasts over and do the same on the other side. Remove chicken and cool in the refrigerator. Make pasta salad, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool pasta to room temperature.