Thanksgiving Dressing (Southern style). Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Alongside the steamy heap of slow cooked greens, cheesy mac and cheese, and sweet-and-tangy cranberry sauce lives a spoonful (or two) of the most delicious Thanksgiving stuffing. A special treat most enjoyed on this holiday, Thanksgiving dressing is the perfect buffer for all the other side dishes on the plate.
This cornbread dressing starts with Jiffy® Muffin Mix and Pepperidge Farms® Stuffing mix. Goes together quick and easy for less stress when making your Thanksgiving Day meal. Southern Cornbread Dressing with celery, onions and just the right amount of seasoning is a tradition during the holidays. You can cook Thanksgiving Dressing (Southern style) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Dressing (Southern style)
- It’s 7 cup of Cornbread.
- You need 2 cup of Bread crumbs (crumbled toast works best).
- Prepare 2 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 10 3/4 oz of can of Campbells Cream of Celery or Chicken soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter (melted).
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of Chicken broth (or turkey).
- It’s 3 of Eggs (beaten).
- It’s 3 of Eggs (hardboiled and chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sage.
- You need 1 tbsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped Celery (optional).
Served alongside turkey and drizzled with gravy, this classic dish will be gobbled up by everyone around the table! Whether you're from the South or not, cornbread dressing is a " must-make " for Thanksgiving. Either way, it's all good and yummy!! Add onions, celery, apples, chestnuts, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, Worcestershire and hot-pepper sauce.
Thanksgiving Dressing (Southern style) instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Crumble cornbread and Bread crumbs into deep 10×13 pan.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix together by hand.
- Bake for apx 1 hour until desired texture, I prefer mine more dry than moist (not very dry tho!).
- You can also add 1 cup chopped celery (I prefer it without celery).
- I personally like to double the sage and thyme myself. It depends on how much you like them. my family has decided they like it best with double the sage and thyme now..
Southern Cornbread Dressing is seasoned with sage, black pepper, cream of mushroom and so much more. The choice to use cornbread makes for a sweet corn taste that you can't resist. With today's post I am including both a homemade cornbread and homemade chicken stock recipe and I won't lie to you and tell you to use store bought for these. This old fashioned turkey stuffing made with celery, sage and bread is a traditional turkey dressing recipe that tastes just like Grandma used to make. There is nothing like a fabulous roasted turkey with this traditional turkey stuffing and some roasting pan gravy to make your Thanksgiving dinner a big hit.