Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce. We have all the top leading brands for home decoration, tableware, kitchenwares and more. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Sprinkle the ★ panko on top. Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce. Follow these simple steps to cook that. You can cook Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce
- It’s of Ingredients for the white sauce:.
- Prepare 300 ml of ☆ Milk.
- Prepare 25 grams of ☆ Butter.
- Prepare 25 grams of ☆ Plain flour.
- You need 1 of ☆ Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ☆ Consommé powder or Chinese chicken stock powder.
- You need 1 of ☆ Bay leaf, if you have.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- Prepare 1/2 of of regular sized one Tomato.
- You need 4 tbsp of or more ☆ Canned tomato instead of fresh tomato is OK.
- You need 1/3 of Broccoli.
- You need 1 of Easy melting cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of or more ★ Panko.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of or less ★ Curry powder.
- You need of –.
- You need 1 of Curry pilaf recipe.
Ingredients of Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and. Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce. The savory sauce was originally Bechamel sauce (white sauce), but these days there are many sauce variations and this is where you can be creative. Doria is a Japanese western-style rice casserole dish with a creamy.
Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce step by step
- Prepare for 2 servings of curry pilaff. Slice the tomato into 1 cm thickness. Cut the broccoli into bite sizes and cook until al dente..
- Mix the ★ panko and curry powder. Use curry powder without extra seasonings. The curry powder with extra seasonings burns quickly..
- Melt butter over low heat. Add plain flour and stir well to remove lumps. At first you might think it's too thick, but it will get runny by stirring with a whisk while cooking..
- After the roux is smooth, add milk little by little and stir constantly. At first it hardens as you add milk, but it will soften gradually. Ensure that there are no lumps and add the rest of the milk..
- Add a bay leaf if you have for flavouring. Stir constantly until comes to a boil and thickens. Adjust the taste with the ☆ seasonings and the white sauce is done..
- If you don't use the sauce straight away, cover tightly with cling film directly on top of the mixture to prevent a film from forming..
- Preheat the oven to 445-480°F/230-250°C..
- Put the curry pilaf in an oven-proof dish and pour over the white sauce to cover. Put the tomato, broccoli and easy melting cheese. Sprinkle the ★ panko on top..
- Put the dish on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned..
- It's very nice to eat while piping hot. Just don't burn yourself..
- You can use a toaster oven, but by baking it in the oven, the tomatoes will turn out juicier from the slow baking time. In this photo I used cherry tomatoes..
Doria (Rice Gratin) with Curry Pilaf and White Sauce. Curry Doria is Japanese rice gratin topped with flavorful curry meat sauce and cheese and baked into perfection in a casserole. In Japan, we have a rice gratin dish called Doria (ドリア). Once you have the rice pilaf method down, this recipe is endlessly riffable. Put butter in a small pot, sift in flour.