Methi Chicken. Chicken World – Order directly online or download our app and save your time! Order directly online or download our app. Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
The subtle yet unique flavour of methi. Methi chicken is one of the most flavorful, delicious & simple dish made by simmering chicken in moderately spicy masala along with fenugreek leaves aka methi. It goes well with plain rice, roti, naan or with paratha. You can have Methi Chicken using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Methi Chicken
- It’s of Chicken- 500 gms boneless cut into equal square size.
- It’s of Onion- 2 nos copped.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger.
- Prepare of Whole Garam masala like cloves – 4 nos.
- You need of Cardamom- 2 nos.
- Prepare 1 stick of Cinnamon.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Prepare of Tomato- 2 nos chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of Curd.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare of Green chilli- 2 nos.
- You need of For Masala Powder:-.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Jeera-.
- Prepare of Pepper- 20 nos.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Fenugreek-.
- Prepare of Roast the above and grind it, which shall be added during the end steps of the recipe.
Methi Chicken, also known as Murg Methi is a popular Chicken dish prepared with chicken and fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves. The methi leaves imparts a unique flavour to the chicken dish. The curry is spicy with a perfect blend of slight bitterness from the methi and sourness from the curd. Methi Chicken, also called Murg Methi is a popular dish made with chicken and fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves.
Methi Chicken instructions
- Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric, curd, 1 tsp of ginger and 1/2 tsp of garlic paste. Mix it properly and keep it aside or at least 15 min..
- Heat a karai, put butter in it and add whole garam masala after 20 seconds then add onions, fry till light brown in colour. After that add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, chillis again fry it for 2 minutes. then add chicken and keep mixin it. Cook slow flame till chicken is soft..
- Then put the roasted masala powder, sugar, kasori methi then add milk and cream. Cook again for 2 min sprinkle some coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or rotis..
The methi leaves give a unique subtle flavour to the dish which also incorporates a flavoursome blend of onions, garlic, ginger and spices Methi Chicken / Murg Methi (British Indian Restaurant / BIR Style) Chicken pieces on the bone cooked in a curry made with aromatic masalas and fresh methi leaves. The final sprinkling of kasuri methi at the end elevates the dish. Have it with simple chapatis or steamed rice. Methi Chicken or chicken curry with fenugreek leaves is a hearty spicy Chicken Curry with a nice flavor of fresh fenugreek leaves coming through in every bite. Here is how to make it.