Mexican Rice. Discover All The Different Zatarain's® Recipes For Some New Orleans Flavor. Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire.
Add one of these delicious Mexican rice recipes to your dinner menu tonight. Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? You can cook Mexican Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- It’s 1 cup of Rice.
- It’s 2 of Tomato puree.
- You need of Onion chopped finely.
- You need 2 of Garlic chopped finely.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of Capsicum chopped finely.
- You need 3 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Add carrots, bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and cook, stirring. Simmer until rice is cooked through and liquid is. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water. This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick.
Mexican Rice instructions
- Take oil in a pan. Add garlic and onions. Fry until onions changes colour..
- Add the rice without water. Roast it for 3-4 minutes until all the water dries up..
- Now add Capsicum,tomato puree and salt..
- Mix well. Add 2 cups of water..
- Sprinkle cumin powder..
- Cover and cook in a low flame..
IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Directions: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions. Stir in corn, carrots, peas, chili. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if.