Mild vegetable curry. It's a flavourful veggie curry that's heady with fresh ginger and cardamom. Serve with rice or naan. by Dr Rupy Aujla. Go the extra step and make your own chapatis and the whole meal will.
Try pairing it up with fluffy rice and our healthy, budget tarka dhal. Add cumin, cayenne, curry powder, salt, pepper and ginger. Stir to combine before adding tomatoes, chickpeas, and peas. You can cook Mild vegetable curry using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mild vegetable curry
- It’s 1 pack of Assorted fresh vegetables (I used corn, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, butternut, baby marrow, patty pans) chopped.
- You need 1 of Medium onion, chopped.
- It’s to fry of butter.
- It’s 1 of Green pepper, chopped.
- It’s Pinch of Coarse salt.
- Prepare Pinch of Coarse black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Breyani masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1 tsp of Jeera(ground cumin) powder.
- You need to garnish of Dhania.
- You need 1 tsp of Extra hot spicy curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed garlic and ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of Tomato puree.
- Prepare 10 ml of Apricot jam.
- You need of Homemade chicken stock (recipe to follow).
Increase heat to medium-high and stir in the coconut milk. Chickpea and squash coconut curry is a great healthy, vegetarian midweek meal. If you can get it, Alpro coconut milk alternative has less saturated fat and fewer calories than regular coconut milk as it's made with a rice milk base. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water to give you the desired consistency.
Mild vegetable curry instructions
- In a pot with melted butter add onion, green pepper, salt, black pepper, a teaspoon of crushed garlic and ginger and spices. Sautée for 2 mins on a medium heat..
- Add vegetables and mix to coat with spices.
- Allow vegetables to cook until soft but there should maintain their shape and crunch. Should there be a need to add water to steam the vegetables add liquid chicken stock so you don’t lose any of the flavor..
- When veggies are cooked add a few spoons of tomato purée to thicken curry. At this point you can add 10 ml of jam to balance flavors should the curry be too spicy, salty or sour..
- I usually mix the curry into rice cooked with lentils to make my own vegetable breyani. Garnish with chopped coriander or parsley.enjoy.
Here are a few of Jamie's favourite vegetable curry recipes. Aubergine & tomato rogan josh Just a handful of ingredients is all it takes to rustle up the most incredible vegetable curry. All you need is a good, firm aubergine, super-ripe tomatoes, crunchy pistachios, curry paste and some fresh coriander. Although the Korma, commonly served with chicken and rice, is a traditional dish originating from Northern India and Pakistan, it involves little to no spice, making it the mildest curry. In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until golden.