Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp. Take a wok and heat the oil in it. As the oil gets hot add the shallots, red chilly flakes, the chopped garlic, green chillies, kaffir lime leaves and the lemon grass. Next add the chicken pieces and keep stir ring on high heat to let the chicken cook.
I've added broccoli and pak choi for colour, and beansprouts to give extra crunch. Drain water from noodles and rinse well to remove any starchy water from noodles. Noodles should be slippery and soft. You can have Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp
- It’s 1/2 pkg of Rice noodles noodles (14 oz) or any other.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of chicken of thin boneless , cut into strips.
- Prepare 10 – 12 of shrimp medium size (de-shelled and de-veined).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cabbage shredded.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green beans french cut.
- It’s 1/4 cup of carrot julienned pieces.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of broccoli (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsps of peanut oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 of shallot red onion medium size / cut into thin slices.
- It’s 1 of green chili medium size chopped into tiny pieces.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon grass pieces (fresh or the ones in a jar).
- It’s 2 no of Kaffir lime . leaves.
- You need 2 tbsps of sauce pad thai (store bought or home made as per recipe given below).
- You need 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or per taste.
- It’s of For garnish:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cilantro Fresh finely chopped leaves.
- It’s 2 tbsps of peanuts roasted (crushed).
- Prepare 2 of Egg omelet pieces*.
Add drained noodles and toss until coated evenly. Heat a large wok over medium-high heat, and add canola oil. Add the vegetables, chicken, and shrimp, and. Push ingredients to the side of the pan (if the pan is dry, drizzle in a little oil).
Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp step by step
- Boil water in a huge pot. Once it starts boiling take it off the stove and add the noodles and let them soak them in the hot water for about 6-7 minutes (Check the specific directions on your rice noodles package). Then drain the water and wash the noodles with cold water and again drain and add a tsp of vegetable oil and keep aside..
- Take a wok and heat the oil in it. As the oil gets hot add the shallots, red chilly flakes, the chopped garlic, green chillies, kaffir lime leaves and the lemon grass. Stir for about 1 minute and then add the pad thai sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce..
- Next add the chicken pieces and keep stir ring on high heat to let the chicken cook. Next add the shrimp too and stir on high heat for about 1 minute. Next add the vegetables and add the salt again stirring constantly. you can cover with a lid for about 1-2 minutes to let the vegetables steam..
- Finally add the noodles and stir well. Add the garnish ingredients and serve immediately while hot..
- To make Egg Omelet:.
- Take a small pan and heat with some oil in it. Take two eggs and beat well. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and pour onto the heated pan. Cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes covering with a lid. Flip onto a plate and when cooled cut into long and thin strips..
- Recipe for Pad thai sauce:.
- 1 inch ball of tamarind soaked in warm water.
- 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- 1 tbsp of jaggery(or molasses).
- Make tamarind pulp out of the soaked tamarind ball by squeezing by hand and then straining through a strainer to get any seed or big chunks out. Take this pulp in a small pan, add the fish sauce and the jaggery pieces and heat on the stove for about 4-5 minutes till the jaggery is dissolved completely and till you get a thick sauce..
How to Make Pad Thai Recipe with Chicken or Shrimp If noodles are not fresh noodles, follow package directions to either soak or boil until soft but not mushy. For sauce, combine tamarind paste, rice vinegar, fish sauce, brown sugar, and chicken broth in a pot. Pad Thai Style Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp. Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in pan. Add the chicken, prawns, eggs and tamarind sauce.