Homemade Chocolate Cake. For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bowl. Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth. (The cake mixture. Indulge yourself with this ultimate chocolate cake recipe that is beautifully moist, rich and fudgy.
For buttercream quantities, instead of ganache, use. I've never seen another chocolate cake recipe like it, which instructs the cook to heat part of the cake batter on the stove, and pour the cooked icing over a hot cake. The result is a wonderfully rich (yet surprisingly light) chocolate sheet cake topped with a cooked chocolate and pecan frosting. You can have Homemade Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Chocolate Cake
- You need 1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar ( use 2/3 of a cup of sugar if cocoa is sweetened).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 can of Chocolate Frosting.
This cake has an incredible homemade taste, yet is foolproof! Will make you forget Duncan Hines. This recipe for a double chocolate sponge cake is a total crowd-pleaser; it goes with anything, anytime, for anyone. Whether you need a moist chocolate cake for a birthday or a delicate light finish to a big meal – you can count on this chocolate cake to meet all of your needs.
Homemade Chocolate Cake instructions
- This recipe only makes 1 layer of cake. If you want more layers, make this recipe twice if you want two layers or three times if you want three layers..
- Preheat oven at 375°F Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In another bowl mix vanilla extract, vinegar, vegetable oil and water..
- Slowly add the wet ingredient mix to the dry one and mix until there are no clumps in the batter..
- Pour batter into a 9-inch greased round baking pan..
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes..
- After cake is baked, wait until it cools down completely. Add frosting when cooled and decorate if you wish. Enjoy!.
Enjoy with some whipped cream or ice cream for a special treat. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until pale. Add all the remaining sponge ingredients and beat together until well combined. Add the water, oil, vanilla and vinegar; mix well (batter will be. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese.