Sachertorte (chocolate cake). Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Break the chocolate into pieces, melt gently in a bowl set over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally, then cool.
Remove the cake from the oven and loosen the sides of the springform. Then pull off the baking paper, turn the cake over, and leave on rack to cool completely. Cut the cake in half horizontally. You can have Sachertorte (chocolate cake) using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sachertorte (chocolate cake)
- You need of ■for chocolate cake.
- You need of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- You need of egg yolks.
- It’s of milk chocolate.
- Prepare of almond flour.
- You need of cake flour.
- It’s of cocoa powder.
- Prepare of egg whites (Cool in a fridge.).
- It’s of granulated sugar (for meringue).
- You need of apricot jam (sugar free).
- You need of ■for coating chocolate.
- You need of milk chocolate.
- You need of milk.
- It’s of and 2/5 cup bitter chocolate.
- It’s of grape seed oil.
Grease a cake tin with butter and sprinkle with flour. Whip up the egg whites with a pinch of salt, add the crystal sugar and beat to a stiff peak. Stir the melted chocolate into the paste with the egg yolks and fold in the whipped egg whites alternately with the flour. Probably the most unmistakable part of the entire Sacher experience, each slice of Original Sacher-Torte contains the origins of the entire Sacher tradition.
Sachertorte (chocolate cake) step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPcsG3e7VSE&t=98s.
- 【chocolate cake】Coat inside of a cake pan with butter and bread flour.(not included in recipe) Put the pan in a cool place. Sift cake flour and cocoa powder together. Preheat a oven to 374 ºF..
- Chop milk chocolate and put it in a bowl. Boil water with a small pot and turn off the heat when the water boils. Put the bowl on the pot. Don't put it directly in the hot water. Wait 30 sec as it is and melt the chocolate..
- Make unsalted butter smooth. Add granulated sugar and mix it with a whisk until it becomes white. Add melted chocolate and mix well. (Add chocolate of room temperature. Please be careful not to melt the butter.).
- Add half of egg yolk and mix well. Add the remaining egg yolk and mix well. Add almond flour and mix well while crushing lumps..
- Make meringue. Beat egg white until it becomes watery. Whip it with a hand mixer on high speed. Add granulated sugar in 4-5 parts. (Add sugar after the egg white becomes white and fluffy.) Whip it to soft-peak stage and switch to low speed. Whip it slowly for a minutes..
- Add the meringue to the batter in 3 parts and fold it. Add dry ingredients at once before it mixes up completely..
- Fold it until it gets glossy. Put it in the cake pan. Bake it at 338 ºF for 50 minutes. Drop it to prevent the cake from shrinking..
- Put the cake out of the pan while it's hot. Wrap it with plastic wrap while it's a little warm. Let it sit over night at room temperature. Slice it into 3 pieces. Put apricot jam between 3 slices..
- 【coating chocolate】 Warm milk chocolate and milk together with a microwave (600W, 20sec). Melt it by using remaining heat to prevent from separating. Put it on the cake and cover the cake. Let it cool in a fridge for 5 minutes..
- Put chopped bitter chocolate and oil in a bowl. Melt the chocolate in the same way as 'process 3'. Let it cool 1-2 minutes and then put it on the cake. Let it cool in a fridge for 30 minutes..
It is one of the most famous Viennese culinary specialties. Allow cake to cool completely before removing from tin and icing. Once cool remove from tin and slice cake horizontally. Set top half aside and spread filling of apricot jam between the layers. Cover top and sides with warm Sachertorte icing.