Mexican Rice. Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire. These flavors should not be expected to be in the rice.
Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. You can cook Mexican Rice using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of Basmathi rice -.
- You need 3 of Onion – tblspn chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cabbage – chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sweet corn – less ( as per your need ).
- You need 1/4 tspn of red chilli paprika kashmiri chilli powder Mexican powder / / -.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water. This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick.
Mexican Rice instructions
- Cook rice adding salt.Drain water completely and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan.Add onion,cabbage and sweet corn.Let onion and cabbage become soft(don't let them change colour).
- Now add salt and chilli powder.Saute well.Quickly add cooked rice and mix everything well.Check salt and add more if needed..
- Remove from fire.Mexican rice is ready to be served..
IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.