French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Looking For Traditional Recipe? Check Out Traditional Recipe on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
Add the onion and fry over high heat for few minutes. Remove the lid, sprinkle in the sugar and. Thaw the winter chill with these warming French onion soup recipes. You can cook French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup
- Prepare of large and sweet onions.
- It’s of extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of Liters of meat broth.
- Prepare of baguette bread.
- It’s of wheat flour.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- It’s of brandy or cognac.
- Prepare of soft grated cheese (Gruyère type).
See our healthy and vegetarian options, full of rich caramelised onions. Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. Now served without the beef, the quality of the onions is crucial. You want both high acidity and high sugar levels to create a fully-flavoured soup.
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup step by step
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet.
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl..
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup..
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic.
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup..
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol..
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl.
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights.
The best onions are Rose de Roscoff. Spanish onions, although lacking in acidity, will also. Melt the butter and oil together in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid. French Onion Soup There are few things more comforting than making a real French onion soup – slowly cooked, caramelised onions that turn mellow and sweet in a broth laced with white wine and Cognac.