Chocolate Cake. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Save time and buy groceries online from Amazon.co.uk Our really easy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for birthdays.
Indulge yourself with this ultimate chocolate cake recipe that is beautifully moist, rich and fudgy. Perfect for a celebration or an afternoon. For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a large mixing bowl. You can cook Chocolate Cake using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 cups of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of coffee, cooled.
- It’s of Frosting.
- You need 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocololate.
- It’s 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
Add the boiling water to the mixture, a little at a time, until smooth. (The cake mixture. This wonderfully moist chocolate cake is made from an ingenious combination of ingredients and finished with an irresistibly glossy icing on top. A luscious and moist black cake, perfect to celebrate St. Rich and indulgent, this really is the ultimate.
Chocolate Cake step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Butter 2 8-inch round cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper..
- For the cake: Mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients except for the coffee. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Add the coffee inti the mixture and mix well making sure that there are no dry pockets in the cake batter..
- Divide the batter evenly between two pan. Bake for 35-50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out without wet batter clinging to it..
- Partially let the cakes cool down then take it out of the pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack..
- For the frosting: melt the chocolate on a double boiler until smooth. Set aside to partially cool down..
- Cream the butter with a stand or hand mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until well combined..
- Whisk in sour cream into the melted chocolate. Mix well until both ingredients are almost at room temperature and then pour the chocolate mixture into the butter mixture. Mix well until well combined and fluffy..
- To assemble, place one cake at the bottom and place a frosting on top before adding the next cake on top. Do a crumb frosting and then refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Complete the frosting afterwards. Decorate as desired..
Whether you need a moist chocolate cake for a birthday or a delicate light finish to a big meal – you can count on this chocolate cake to meet all of your needs. Enjoy with some whipped cream or ice cream for a special treat. This soured cream sponge is filled with a fluffy chocolate buttercream and coated in an unsweetened chocolate mousse icing. It's easy to make a simple chocolate sponge cake. You just need to replace some of the flour amount with cocoa powder.