Mexican Rice. Search for Mexican Rice Faster & Better Here at Allsearchsite. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos.
Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Bring water, tomato sauce, onion salt and cumin to boil in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. You can cook Mexican Rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 3 cups of white rice of.
- Prepare 6 cups of water (or 3 cups stock + 3 cups or 6 cups stock).
- Prepare 2 of lemons Juice of.
- It’s of butter A knob of.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic mashed to a paste.
- It’s 1 of onion medium diced fine.
- Prepare 2 of tomato large sliced.
- It’s 1 of avocado chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of black beans of drained.
- You need of coriander leaves Freshly chopped.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire. These flavors should not be expected to be in the rice. I'd say this is a darn good recipe for anyone wanting to make homemade Mexican rice!
Mexican Rice step by step
- Melt some butter in a pot. Add the mashed garlic to the melted butter, once its all fragrant add the rice and the liquid – you can just add water / stock / or a mix of both. Add the juice of 1.5 lemons – save a bit to add a finishing touch. Season with a bit of salt and cook over medium heat.
- In the mean time chop up the veggies – onion, avocado, tomatoes and the coriander.
- Once the rice is cooked, add some freshly chopped coriander leaves and remaining lemon juice and very gently fluff the rice.
- Transfer to a bowl and then top it with the veggies – the black beans, followed by the onions, tomatoes, avocado and the coriander leaves.
- Serve it immediately.
Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water. This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan.