Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it.
The chicken was so moist after soaking all night and the spices suited my taste perfectly. The kids loved it and so did hubby! My dad used to make 'Chicken in a Basket' which we'd eat without cutlery. You can cook Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 of chicken divided into 2 wings, 2 breasts, 2 legs and 2 thighs.
- Prepare pieces of Safe milk – enough to completely cover the chicken.
- Prepare of Apple cider vinegar as required.
- It’s 1 dash of worcestershire sauce see my link for a gluten-free recipe.
- Prepare 200 grams of plain /gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tsp of cornstarch / cornflour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Chicken Seasoning such as Schwartz brand.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of 'All Purpose' or 'Season All' seasoning.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare of vegetable or corn oil for shallow frying.
Here is how you cook that. Ingredients of Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF. Prepare pieces of Safe milk – enough to completely cover the chicken. Here is how you achieve that.
Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Add the chicken to a bowl and measure how much milk you need to cover it completely. For every 230ml of milk, add 1 tbsp vinegar.
- Pour a slug of worcestershire sauce into the bowl of 'buttermilk' and let the chicken pieces sit in it for at least 3 hours in the fridge, overnight is even better https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332869-vickys-homemade-buttermilk-substitute https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338187-vickys-homemade-worcestershire-sauce-vegan.
- Mix all the other dry ingredients into the flour. I use a large tupperware container with a good fitting lid and shake everything together. Let it sit until the chicken has finished soaking to let the flavours take to the flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 180C / 350°F and preheat oven to same temp, gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Drain the buttermilk and discard, then toss the chicken pieces one at a time in your box of seasoned flour.
- Shallow fry each piece for 2 minutes each side, then dip again in the flour and fry again 2 mins each side before placing on a wire rack in an oven tray.
- Cook for 20 – 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the thickest part shows clear juices inside. The wings will cook more quickly than the rest of the pieces so check them after 20 minutes.
- Serve with finger food sides such as chips/fries, corn on the cob, bread & butter.
Ingredients of Vickys Oven-Fried Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF. Prepare pieces of Safe milk – enough to completely cover the chicken. Before you jump to Vickys Chicken Fricassee, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting Healthy Tips. Here is how you achieve it. Here is how you achieve that.