Chicken, Spinach Rice Bowl. Everyone loves this dinner, even my picky eater. Place cooked rice on one side of a take-out bowl or plate container. Top with shredded chicken and a handful of chopped cilantro.
At medium-high stir in the spinach, chickpeas, carrot and rice. Add salt and water to cover. Add the baby spinach then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. You can have Chicken, Spinach Rice Bowl using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken, Spinach Rice Bowl
- It’s of Meat.
- You need 4 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 2 tbl of vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium to large pepper like a bell pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of corriander.
- Prepare 1 tbl of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of hot sauce to taste (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbl of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil (sesame if you have it).
- You need 3 tsp of cooking wine.
- You need 1 tbl of hot sauce (optional).
- You need of Stir-fry.
- You need 1 bunch of spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- You need 1 of oil for stir-frying.
Place a big scoop of rice in a bowl. Add some sliced chicken along with some spinach and tomato sauté. Top with some toasted pine nuts, feta cheese, and fresh parsley. In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, and honey.
Chicken, Spinach Rice Bowl step by step
- Skin and bone chicken (i was using skinless boneless thighs).
- Place chicken and vinegar in a bowl, mix. I used apple cider vinegar. Set aside for a few minutes..
- Add onion and garlic to a food processor. Give it a few pulses to chop it coarsely..
- Clean your pepper, rough chop. Add to food processor, pulse a few times to coarse chop. Note – I'm using an Anaheim pepper here..
- Drain chicken, cut into pieces, place in food processor, discard vinegar..
- Add meat seasonings.
- Pulse until chicken is a mince you like. I wanted something chunky compared to store bought ground meat..
- Clean your spinach, cut into 1-2 inch lengths.
- Mix sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Heat on medium high, a skillet/wok/stir-fry pan large enough to hold every thing. Put a couple tablespoons oil or spray it..
- Add meat mix, stir until about half cooked, add chopped onion.
- When the mixture is just cooked, add the spinach.
- Keep stirring until the spinach just wilts.
- Give your sauce one last stir, pour in the pan.
- Stir and let the sauce come to a bubble, turn heat down to medium low.
- Stir and cook until the sauce thickens, 2 minutes give or take depending on how much liquid was present.
- Add some rice in a bowl, top with your chicken and spinach mixture.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro, parsley.
Divide rice among four bowls and top. A Turkey and Spinach Rice Bowl may be just what you seek! This one-dish meal is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner, and will please most palates!" Linda bumps up the flavor in this dish by using a combination of chicken broth and water to cook rice. This recipe works equally well with leftover grilled or roasted chicken. Cook rice according to package directions.