Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩. Natural Beauty, Ethical Jewellery, Zero Waste Products, Ethical Homeware, Gifts & More. Delivered straight to your door via courier in robust & secure packaging to arrive safely. After frying first batch, I decided donut resembled deep-fat fried, light and fluffy, chocolate cake.
Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. The flavor of these Chocolate Cake Doughnuts is chocolate perfection. Not too sweet, but definitely chocolatey-rich. You can cook Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩
- It’s of For the doughnuts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (substitute with avocado, banana, boiled sweet potato).
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil).
- Prepare 4-6 teaspoons of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional).
- It’s 1 squeeze of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.
- You need 1/3 cup of + 2 tbsp plain flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of For the toppings (use a good combination of any of these).
- You need of Mini chocolate chips (dark/white chocolate).
- Prepare of Mini marshmallows.
- You need of Mini pretzels.
- It’s of Rainbow sprinkles.
- You need of Heart sprinkles.
- You need of Galaxy sprinkles.
- Prepare of Chocolate curls/shavings.
- It’s of Extra chocolate (to drizzle).
- It’s of Mixed chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans).
- It’s of caramel (to drizzle).
- You need of freeze-dried/fresh berries (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry).
- You need of Graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare of Oreo crumbs.
- It’s of Mini Mars/Snickers/Galaxy/Twix (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of Whipped cream/cool whip (optional).
Thanks to the addition of buttermilk and mini chocolate chips, the cake doughnuts are super moist. After dipping the doughnuts in the glaze, add whatever decorations you like – nuts (walnuts are classic chocolate companions), sprinkles, or extra mini chocolate chips. Chocolate Cake Donuts are different than traditional Donuts but equally as delicious. There's no yeast needed for these bad boys since it's more of a cake batter which means no waiting for a dough to rise.
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 step by step
- Cream the butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil) with the sugar and then, add 1 egg (avocado, banana or boiled sweet potato) at a time and continue to whisk till everything comes together..
- Squeeze a good amount Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in. The syrup can be substituted with melted chocolate bars. Just make sure your syrup or melted bar is 100% pure dark chocolate. Add the vanilla and whisk this for another minute..
- Add the flour slowly and gradually along with the baking powder. This step is entirely optional but if you want to, you can add mixed nuts and/or chocolate chips at this point to give the doughnut batter an extra crunch/flavor. Your batter should be silky and smooth like this..
- Pour into the greased pan/doughnut moulds and bake these for 3 minutes (if you're using the microwave). Adjust your temperature settings to your liking if you're either baking this in an electric oven or steaming it in a steamer. Cool them in room temperature the sooner they step out of the oven/steamer. Cut them with the doughnut cutter if you've baked it in a regular square pan. Drizzle extra chocolate syrup/melted chocolate on the top and it's done. Well… almost..
- Be creative and use any of the toppings mentioned on the recipe and give the doughnuts your own kind of makeover. Doughnuts with topping(s) stand out better than those that don't. Double or triple the recipe if you're sharing these with family or friends 🖤.
How to Make a DIY Donut Tin. All you need to make a donut tin is a cupcake tin and large squares of tin foil. Mold one square of foil around your finger to create the center and then. Make certain that all ingredients are at room temperature before starting. These doughnuts are great with chocolate glaze also.