Stuffed Manicotti with Meat Sauce. Pour a layer of meat sauce in the bottom of a baking dish, using half of what you have. Using a spoon or piping bag, fill the noodles with the cheese mixture and place on top of sauce. Spread remaining ricotta on top and layer with remaining sauce and mozzarella.
Top with meat sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Stuff cooked noodles (gently) with filling. Spoon tomato sauce in bottom of dish to cover. You can cook Stuffed Manicotti with Meat Sauce using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Manicotti with Meat Sauce
- It’s of Meat Sauce:.
- It’s 1 lb. of hamburger.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1 jar of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s of Seasonings of choice: garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning.
- You need of Manicotti:.
- You need 10-12 of Manicotti pasta tubes.
- You need 2 cups of Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp. of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
Place stuffed shells in dish to completely fill. Cook hamburger along with onion and seasonings of choice until browned; drain and return to pot. Add in spaghetti sauce and set aside. Drain shells and rinse in cold water.
Stuffed Manicotti with Meat Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook hamburger along with onion and seasonings of choice until browned; drain and return to pot. Add in spaghetti sauce and set aside..
- In a large bowl combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg and all seasonings until well combined..
- Place in a gallon size ziplock bag and snip a corner off the bottom to make a piping bag..
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and place half of the meat mixture in the bottom, spreading evenly..
- Pipe the ricotta mixture into the Manicotti tubes one at a time and place on top of meat mixture. You will repeat this process until you are out of ricotta. I usually end up between 10 and 12..
- Top with remaining meat mixture..
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes..
- Remove foil, top with cheeses and return to oven for additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
Stir the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and salt into meat mixture. Fill the manicotti with the cheese-meat mixture. Arrange the stuffed pasta in a single layer in the prepared dish and. Spoon a generous amount of the cheese mixture into each manicotti shell. Fill each manicotti with the ricotta filling, fill both ends.