Chicken and rice soup. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! This creamy, luscious chicken and wild rice soup is quick and easy to make thanks to pre-cooked rice and rotisserie chicken. Combine chicken broth, onion, celery, carrots, parsley, pepper, thyme, and bay leaf in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
In a large saucepan, combine broth, celery, onion, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Add chicken and rice; return to a boil. Add chicken broth, water and paprika. You can have Chicken and rice soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and rice soup
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 c of white rice.
- You need 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 7 c of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tbsp of dired onions.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
Stir in rice, chicken and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add the chicken meat and rice. Also, if you have leftover chicken skin and fat from remaining meat, this adds a bit of flavor.
Chicken and rice soup instructions
- Boil chicken with 3 bouillon cubes until done and set aside to cool. Save water.
- In sauce pan put 2 cups of rice, 2 cups water, 2 cups water from where you boiled the chicken, 2 bouillon cubes. Cook on med high until boiling reduce heat cover and cook until rice is almost done. Stir often to prevent sticking..
- While rice is cooking shred the carrots and add to the cooking rice along with the parsley and onion.
- When the rice is close to being done pour in a larger pot add remaining water from boiled chicken (do not water it down too much)..
- Shred chicken and add to rice and cook until the rice is completely done. You may need to add another bouillon cube. I also add some pepper as well..
This Chicken Rice Soup is made by cooking chicken pieces in the broth which yields a beautiful savoury, golden, flavour infused broth without having to man handle a whole chicken. Skip the rotisserie chicken – this is better! Chicken and Rice Soup Combine the chicken, white rice, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large pot. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat to keep the soup at a gentle simmer.