Mely's ultimate enchiladas. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. These enchiladas are filled with chicken, bathed in a creamy salsa verde, and covered with cheese, before being baked in the oven.
Chicken, beef, turkey or veggie we have plenty of recipes to choose from to make the ultimate Tex-Mex feast. We give you our version of tex mex enchiladas! In this delicious mid week recipe chicken and delicious veg are wrapped up in tortillas, then sprinkled heavil. You can have Mely's ultimate enchiladas using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mely's ultimate enchiladas
- Prepare of Ground Meat.
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 tbsp of sofrito (recipe on my recipes) (optional).
- Prepare 5 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 of adobo or salt to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 1 can of Armour chili with beans, mild.
- You need 1 packages of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 10 large of corn tortillas or 14 small.
- It’s of Meat filling.
- You need 1 packages of 8 oz cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 5 oz of salsa verde (available in the mexican aisle on supermarkets).
- It’s 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of taco sauce, mild.
Today I am making cheesy chicken enchiladas my favorite way, baking in the oven. The homemade enchilada sauce gravy and the cheese make this a baked comfort. Start by making the enchilada sauce. Enchiladas Made Easy – This is a easy to make and follow Chicken Enchilada video with several layers of delicious flavor.
Mely's ultimate enchiladas instructions
- Salt the ground meat to taste with the adobo or salt. Add oil to a pan. If using sofrito, add sofrito and the tomato sauce. Let it cook for about 3-5 mins..
- Add meat to the pan and mix with the sofrito mixture. Cook the ground meat until is done. Set aside..
- In a bowl mix the sour cream, cream cheese, salsa verde, 1 cup of taco sauce and 1/2 of shredded cheese.
- Add the meat to the sauce mixture. Set aside..
- Add 1/2 cup of taco sauce to a 15 x 10 inch Baking Dish..
- Add cooking spray to a pan and "fry" each corn tortilla on both sides and transfer to the baking dish filling each one with 2-3 tablespoons of meat mixture..
- When all the corn tortillas are filled and arranged in the baking dish, pour the chili can as a topping on top of the enchiladas..
- To finish top with a package of shredded cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!!.
One of the few Mexican dishes that benefits from a knife and fork, Enchiladas are soft corn tortillas wrapped around tender chicken and baked in the oven in a rich and tangy tomato sauce. These hefty dishes are a firm family favourite and everyone should leave the table feeling satisfied. Mexican beef enchiladas – tortillas packed with beef mince and beans and smothered with cheese – are easy to make and a great crowd-pleaser. Cheese Enchiladas with Red Chile Sauce Canola oil • Garlic minced • Mild to medium New Mexican Chile Powder (can use hot but reduce the amount unless you prefer hot) • Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth or Vegetable Broth • Water • Dried Oregano (Mexican if available) • Salt • Plain Yoghurt (I use Greek) An enchilada (/ ˌ ɛ n tʃ ɪ ˈ l ɑː d ə /, Spanish: [entʃiˈlaða]) is a corn tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a savory sauce. Originally from Mexican cuisine, enchiladas can be filled with various ingredients, including meats, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables, or combinations.