Baked Meat pies. It makes the crust and the rest of the meat pie taste great. Here is the recipe that I grew up with and is the best pastie you will ever eat. For the crust: Put the frozen rolls on a baking sheet.
Place the meat pies (frozen or chilled) on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with the egg wash, and then bake. The bake time will vary, depending on what you did with the pies earlier. Press edges together with a fork dipped in flour; pierce the top. You can cook Baked Meat pies using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Meat pies
- Prepare of pie and filling.
- You need 3 cup of ap flour.
- You need 1 cup of water, you may not need it all.
- It’s 2 lb of meat.
- You need 1 cup of sweet peas.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need of sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pints of milk.
- It’s 3 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of margarine.
- You need of dusting.
- It’s 1 of ap flour for dusting.
- Prepare of egg wash.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of spices.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of sprinkle.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt.
- Prepare of needed fresh ground black pepper.
Place on an ungreased baking sheet. They're easy to make a big batch of in under an hour, and are perfect for lunch, dinner, and snacking. Everyone loves these tasty hand pies! Some are baked, some are fried, some are prepared in deep dishes and others are intended to be eaten by hand.
Baked Meat pies step by step
- Slowly mix the water and flour dont make too wet so add just a little at a time flour surface litely knead dough for 4 minute form a ball place in bowl and cover for 30 minutes.
- Mix the meat the onions and brown the meat. Drain the meat add spices and peas. Set aside..
- Mix milk and cornstarch, set aside..
- In a pot add milk heat when hot add the margarine and cheese stir mix well. When cheese melts add cornstarch solution. Stirring constantly till it thickens.
- Mix the meat mixture and cheese mixture let cook it needs to be thick to be thick. This may take an hour so cook ahead of time. Even the night before would be fine..
- After 30 minutes cut the ball in half. Divide the half into 7 equal parts roll into small balls. Dust the surface. Roll each ball out into a disc..
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Add just enough meat cheese mixture in disc. Start In a clock direction folding the top then side bottom and side inwards. Then coat the folded area with egg wash. Set onto a pan. I lined with parchment paper srayed with nonstick..
- Coat with egg wash on the top. Sprinkle with kosher salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Bake till done, or golden brown..
- Serve hope you enjoy!.
- I had extra filling so I added 1 pound of macaroni elbows. 2 sixteen ounce jars of alfredo sauce heated to go with it!.
The only thing they have in common, from empanadas to Jamaican "patties" to the steak and kidney pie of England, is a crust on the outside and meat on the inside. In America, they're most often meat and gravy in a pie crust, with or. Place the pies on a cooling rack until room temperature. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving. Submit a Recipe Correction Spoon a generous portion of the cooked meat mixture into the pie shells.