Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo). Kraft Mayo Comes In a Variety of Flavors to Take Your Midday Sandwich to the Next Level! My go-to avocado egg salad is a delicious, healthier twist on classic egg salad. It is ultra creamy, thanks to rich nutritious avocado and a little Greek yogurt.
Add eggs, lemon, red onion, tomatoes, capers and dill into the bowl with the avocado and mix to combine. Eat by itself, in a wrap, with crackers or on a sandwich for a delicious healthy avocado egg salad. Whip up this easy dill egg salad in just five minutes. You can cook Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo) using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo)
- Prepare of Eggs.
- Prepare of Avocado.
- You need of Greek Yogurt.
- Prepare of Mustard.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s of Paprika.
It makes for a satisfying, keto-friendly lunch or post-workout snack! Mashed avocado stands in for the mayo for a creamy element that holds this egg salad together. Avocado also promotes weight loss by regulating your blood sugar and aiding in digestion, making this easy swap a no-brainer. In a medium bowl, mash the avocado well.
Healthy Avocado Egg Salad (No Mayo) step by step
- Place eggs in a medium pot. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat..
- Wait 10 minutes and transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking..
- While eggs are still cooling, scoop 1/2 Avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork until you reach your desired consistency..
- Stir in 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt, 1 teaspoon Mustard, 1 teaspoon Salt, and 1 teaspoon Pepper to the mashed Avocado..
- Peel eggs and add them to the Avocado mixture one at a time, chopping each egg into the mixture with a fork as you go..
- Serve over a bed of arugula for a light, Gluten-Free option, or on top of toasted bread for a healthy, Vegetarian lunch..
- Garnish with Paprika.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Either way you choose, it will still have a ton of delicious flavor! REASONS WE LOVE MAKING CREAMY AVOCADO EGG SALAD: easy to make for a quick and healthy lunch or snack A good vinaigrette is an ideal option for those wishing to go dairy and mayo-free with their egg salad—or for those just looking to mix things up! Olive oil is a natural choice for a vinaigrette but try using hazelnut or walnut oils which both impart a mild sweetness but are not so strongly flavored to detract from other ingredients. In a mixing bowl, mash the eggs with the peeled avocados.