Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe. Great discounts and savings on top home brands. Check Out Stove Top Stove On eBay. Find Stove Top Stove On eBay.
Add salt, cumin, chili powder and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over high heat. Smash garlic cloves in skillet with a fork. You can have Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe
- You need 2 tbsp. of butter, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional).
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 cans of (each 15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken or veggie broth.
- You need 1 tsp. of chipotle chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Prepare of Juice from 1/2 lime.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of pepper.
Using a potato masher, gently mash beans. Heat butter in a large nonstick pot, over medium- high heat. Add onions, garlic, jalapeno and saute until garlic is fragrant and onion is partially softened. Add salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin powder, pinto beans, broth, lime juice and mix until combined.
Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe instructions
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. of the butter over med-high heat. Once its melted, add the onion and jalapeno (if using). Cook, stirring often, until they're softened, about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant..
- Stir in the beans, broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano and let this mixture come up to a simmer. Once it begins to bubble, let it simmer for about 5 or so minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Either use a masher to roughly mash the beans, or use a food processor for a smoother consistency..
- Once the beans are mashed, season with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Then stir in the additional tbsp. of butter until it's all melted and incorporated in. That's it! Serve it up with some yummy toppings..
Mash your own refried beans or put a can to good use in Mexican-style recipes such as quesadillas, burritos and enchiladas. These refried beans are delicious and so easy to make. Plus, these beans are healthy, vegan and gluten free. By cooking the beans with aromatics, they become extra tasty. When you're ready to cook, drain the beans and add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.