Spinach Tortellini Soup with Smoked Sausage. My husband's grandmother used to make this soup with her own homemade sausage and tortellini. Since the recipe has been passed down, we don't hand make those ingredients, but this version is almost as good as hers. It's also an excellent way to get the kids to eat spinach!—Joyce Lulewicz, Brunswick, Ohio.
Spinach Tortellini Soup with Smoked Sausage. Heat olive oil in large stockpot, then add chopped onion and smoked sausage, then add garlic and sauté until onion is translucent and sausages start to brown. Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, black pepper and bring to a boil. You can cook Spinach Tortellini Soup with Smoked Sausage using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Tortellini Soup with Smoked Sausage
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of packaged smoked sausage (I used 2 for this recipe)sliced into coins.
- Prepare 2 cans of diced tomatoes(14 oz).
- Prepare 1-32 ounce of chicken broth + 1 can chicken broth (low sodium).
- It’s 1 package of tortellini (I used 2 for this recipe) any flavor you like.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 4 cups of fresh baby spinach.
Will form a soft paste or ball. Slowly drizzle in milk and simmer until it thickens. Add Sausage, onions and potatoes and stir to coat well with milk gravy. In a large stockpot, add sausage and onion and cook over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and onion is translucent.
Spinach Tortellini Soup with Smoked Sausage instructions
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot, then add chopped onion and smoked sausage, then add garlic and sauté until onion is translucent and sausages start to brown…..
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, black pepper and bring to a boil……
- Add tortellini, and boil for 4 min or until tortellini is slightly soft, stirring gently…….
- Reduce heat and add spinach and cook until spinach has wilted…….
- Remove pot from heat, serve and enjoy 😉!.
Add broth to the pot and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pot. Add tomato paste and salt and stir. Add olive oil to large pot over medium high heat. Then add shallots, carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Stir in seasoning, with the tomato sauces, broth & chicken sausages.