Nana's Chocolate Cake. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Nana's Chocolate Cake Recipe.
BEAT butter and chocolate mixture with mixer until smooth in large bowl. Lots and lots of people were making (and completely raving about) the same chocolate cake recipe: Nana's devil's food cake. Reddit As the original poster, u/iamktf, explained when they first. You can cook Nana's Chocolate Cake using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nana's Chocolate Cake
- It’s of For the Frosting:.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of Cocoa.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of shortening.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of blackberry brandy.
- It’s of For the cake:.
- Prepare of unsalted butter (melted).
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of blackberry brandy.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of Cocoa.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of milk.
This is our new go-to chocolate cake recipe. Known as "Nana's Devil's Food," the recipe for this cake is extremely popular on Reddit. I love to bake, but didn't grow up in a family. Nana's Devil's Food Cake is an absolute delight of a cake that I found on the subreddit Old_Recipes.
Nana's Chocolate Cake instructions
- For the cake:.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add eggs and brandy, beat until smooth and uniform..
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture..
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured (with cocoa) into 2 8" cake pans..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes..
- Cool. Frost with the icing in your fridge..
- For the frosting/icing:.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the brandy in a medium pan and heat over high heat..
- Stir constantly until the mixture begins to boil..
- After 2 minutes of boiling and stirring constantly, remove from heat..
- After the mixture cools for a few minutes, add the brandy..
- Allow the mixture to cool thoroughly and then place into the refrigerator for several hours..
After having great success with u/JustHood's Grandma's Lemon Bars last year (another extremely popular recipe from the same subreddit), I often check in to see what's trending. Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly. Sift flour and cocoa into the bowl of an electric mixer, then add all the other ingredients. Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside to cool slightly. Sift flour and cocoa into the bowl of an electric mixer, then add all the other ingredients.