My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread. My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread step by step. To make the cookie dough, combined the softened butter with the sugar and egg and mix with a hand mixer until pale. Then add the grated cheese and mix again.
Drop the baking tray onto the counter at a height to remove any excess air. Take the melon bread off the tray, along with the parchment paper, and leave to cool. When I cook dinner I often add grated to cheese to get a richer flavour. You can have My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread
- It’s of Cookie dough:.
- You need 220 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 110 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 large of Egg.
- You need 35 grams of Grated cheese.
- Prepare of Bread dough:.
- It’s 170 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 80 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 grams of Salt.
- You need 25 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 large of Egg.
- You need 180 ml of when combined with egg Milk.
- It’s 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 1 of Granulated sugar.
I wondered if this would work with bread and that's how this recipe was born. When wrapping the bread dough with the cookie dough, the cookie shouldn't be sealed. Mix egg, yeast, milk and sugar in a small bowl to start the bread dough. In another bowl, mix the flour and salt for the bread dough.
My Family's Recipe for Rich Melon Bread instructions
- To make the cookie dough, combined the softened butter with the sugar and egg and mix with a hand mixer until pale. Then add the grated cheese and mix again..
- Sift in the cake flour in 3 goes, mixing on a low speed with a hand mixer until the second addition. For the last addition mix in well with a whisk or spatula until the dough comes together into a ball..
- When the dough comes together place it on some cling film and shape into a 25 cm log. Wrap and chill in the fridge..
- To make the bread dough place all of the ingredients other than the sugar into the bread maker, set it to the bread dough course and allow it to progress until the first proofing..
- Once proved, punch the dough down gently and separate into 12 balls. Leave to rest for 10 minutes. Once rested, punch down more vigorously and re-shape..
- Take the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and cut into 12 pieces with a scraper or something similar..
- Form the cut cookie dough into balls and in the palm of your hand make it so the centre of the dough is thicker than the outer edges. Roll the cookie dough out until it's larger than the bread dough..
- Rest a piece of bread dough on top of the cookie dough and wrap the cookie dough around the bread dough until only a 2-3 cm area is left uncovered..
- Fill a plate with sugar and roll the melon bread in it to give a sugar coating. With a scraper, carve 4 lines vertically and horizontally to create the traditional melon bread pattern..
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and line the melon bread up on top. Put everything including the pan into a plastic bag and leave to prove for a second time for 60 minutes at a room temperature under 35°C..
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and once heated, bake the melon bread at 180°C for 15 minutes..
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave the melon bread on the baking tray. Drop the baking tray onto the counter at a height to remove any excess air. Take the melon bread off the tray, along with the parchment paper, and leave to cool. (When you can touch the melon bread without it being too hot, the melon bread should come away from the baking sheet easily)..
- If just carving lines in your melon bread is too boring, spice things up a bit with hearts and stars with cookie cutters! You can engrave in names as well!.
Take the cling wrap off and score the cookie dough surface diagonally and sprinkle the granule sugar. Reshape each bread dough into a ball, cover with the cookie sheet and adjust the shape. Hold the dough upside down and stretch the cookie sheet up to the center. Pinch the bottom of the bread dough and dip the cookie dough in sugar. Hold the Melonpan on your palm and make a diamond pattern on top with the scraper.