Cheesy Meat Lasagña. Try this delicious recipe from Johnsonville that's sure to delight the family! Enjoy this delicious recipe that incorporates the premium taste of Johnsonville. In a third medium bowl, combine mozzarella and Monterey Jack cheeses.
This cheesy meat lasagna is made with cottage cheese, ground beef and pasta sauce. In a large saucepan, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato paste, water, brown sugar, oregano, vinegar and garlic powder. You can have Cheesy Meat Lasagña using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Meat Lasagña
- It’s of chopped Red Onion.
- It’s of heaping tablespoons of Sofrito.
- It’s of Chicken Buillon.
- It’s of Sazon with Culantro and Achiote.
- You need of Bay Leaves.
- Prepare of sliced Pimento Stuffed Green Olives.
- You need of Lasagña Sheets.
- You need of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- You need of Mozzarella Cheese.
- It’s of s Cream Cheese.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s of of Ground beef.
- Prepare of minced Garlic.
- It’s of of Tomato sauce.
- It’s of of Pasta sauce.
- Prepare of of Garlic powder.
- It’s of of Adobo Goya.
- It’s of of dried Basil.
- It’s of of Italian seasoning.
This is a lasagna recipe that I adapted from the Kraft Foods website. It turned out excellent and my family loved it! Arrange noodles lengthwise and side by side and cover the bottom. (If the noodles are short on one end, you may need to cut an extra noodle and place into the dish to cover where the other noodles have not). Spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
Cheesy Meat Lasagña instructions
- I recommend using an aluminum disposable baking tray for this recipe, but if not, you can cover your baking dish with aluminum foil for easy clean-up :-).
- In a large pot, on medium to high heat, add the ground meat. If it's 100% lean add a little EVOO so it won't stick. Add adobo, chicken buillion, sazon and salt and pepper to taste. With a wooden spoon mix well and cook until meat is browned. Drain excess oil..
- To drained meat, add minced garlic, chopped onion, sofrito, olives and tomato sauce. Mix well and cook until onions are translucent. Then, add Pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, dried basil, garlic powder and bay leaves. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Simmer meat sauce for 35 minutes and preheat your oven to 425°F..
- In salted, boiling water cook Lasagña sheets for about 10-12 minutes. Rinse them under cold water quickly to prevent them from sticking together. Once meat sauce is ready, start layering your Lasagña..
- Start building your lasagña. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of the meat sauce to the bottom of your baking dish. Layer with 3-4 pasta sheets, add 1/2 the cream cheese, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese, 1/3 of the meat sauce and sprinkle with a couple dashes of parmesan cheese. Make another layer of pasta sheets, add the other 1/2 of the cream cheese, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the meat sauce. Add another layer of pasta sheets, the last of the meat sauce and the last of the mozzarella cheese, topping it off with the remaining parmesan cheese. Cook in oven for about 40-45 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown..
- Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting it up. Serve and enjoy! :-).
Repeat meat sauce, noodles and cheese layer once. Top with remaining noodles and meat sauce, making sure to cover noodles with sauce. If you're tired of Stouffer's and are looking for a DELICIOUS homemade lasagna recipe, this is it! While preparation is a little lengthy (but it always is with lasagna), it's a great meal to feed the whole family, and probably have leftovers. Stir in the tomato paste, red wine, crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fennel seeds and oregano.