Edamame Fried Rice. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the scallion whites and bell peppers and cook until just starting to soften, a few minutes. Asian Edamame Fried Rice This dish pairs perfectly as a side dish with some favorites like Asian Turkey Meatballs, Asian Drumsticks, Asian Grilled Chicken.
In a medium saucepan, combine the rice and water and bring to a simmer. Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the remaining olive oil, and the rice. Add brown rice and stir well a few minutes to heat through. You can have Edamame Fried Rice using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Edamame Fried Rice
- Prepare 2 of plates brown rice (leftover rice, put it in the refrigerator over night, is recommended).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 150 gr of edamame.
- It’s 1 of big carrot, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of soy sauce salt (if necessary) and white pepper powder (to taste).
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 pack of seasoned roasted nori seaweed, cut into small pieces.
- You need of For scrambled eggs:.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of milk/water.
- It’s of salt and pepper (to taste).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
Submit a Recipe Correction Add the mushrooms and rice and stir fry separating the grains. Stir in the soybeans and cook until the rice is heated through. Add the sauces and broth or water and stirfry to mix well. Saute well to mix the egg into the rice.
Edamame Fried Rice instructions
- For the fluffy scrambled eggs: In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk/water, salt, and pepper until well combined..
- Heat vegetable oil over medium low-high heat. Pour the eggs mixture. Wait around 10 seconds. With a spatula, pull the cooked outer edges o the center of the eggs. Do this to the rest of the eggs. Turn the eggs and begin to break them into small pieces. Remove from the heat. Set aside. (Don’t fry the eggs too long as it will make them hard.).
- For the fried rice: Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant..
- Add carrot. Stir until the carrot is half cooked..
- Add rice, edamame, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir well..
- Add sesame oil. Mix again. Remove from the heat..
- Place the fried rice on serving plates. Top with scramble eggs and seasoned roasted nori seaweed..
- Enjoy! 😋.
Brown rice is used here, but basmati or jasmine rice are delicious alternatives. Fun Fact: Edamame is a green vegetable commonly known as the soybean. It's rich in carbs, protein, vitamin K, and fiber, which makes it a great addition to the lunch box. Here, we've replaced them with shelled edamame. There are many different versions of edamame rice (including this Edamame and Hijiki Rice).