Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou. Never Beaten On Price Or Quality, Plus Huge March Savings Today. Browse The B&Q Painting Range Today. Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou Leah Ellias Granada Hills, CA.
A quick & easy recipe for homemade buttermilk drop biscuits that are slightly crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside, and packed with cheddar cheese + garlic flavor! Place the biscuits into a greased cast iron pan or if you don't have one, a round cake pan or any casserole dish will do, with the sides of the biscuits just touching. Pour on top of the biscuits. You can cook Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou
- Prepare 4 1/2 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter flavored shortening (original recipe called for lard).
- Prepare 2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of softened butter.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, and onion powder. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt. In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the buttermilk and butter.
Leah's Cheddar, Garlic, Buttermilk Biscuit adapted from Good Hou step by step
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together..
- Mix the shortening in well and gradually add the buttermilk..
- Add the Cheddar and garlic.
- Knead until very smooth. On heavy board, roll to 1/2 inch thickness, cut with medium round cutter and bake about fifteen minutes in an oven heated to 450 °. Brush tops with butter. serve piping hot..
- Note: This is a HEARTY, dense biscuit. Don't expect light and fluffy..
Pour into the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms, then fold in cheese (taking care not to over mix or you'll end up with tough biscuits). Combine the buttermilk and egg in a small measuring cup and beat lightly with a fork. With the mixer still on low, quickly add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix only until. Place the Bisquick baking mix, milk, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder and grated cheddar cheese in a small bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until the ingredients are well combined.