Caprese Salad. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. It is the perfect quick and easy accompaniment to any summer meal.
Arrange them on a platter, alternating. Drizzle on the gorgeous, almost black balsamic. In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-low heat. You can cook Caprese Salad using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caprese Salad
- It’s of Campari Tomatoes.
- It’s of Truffle Burrata Cheese.
- You need of Fresh Basil.
- It’s of Balsamic Vinegar (have fun with different flavors).
- Prepare of Pink & Black Peppercorns.
- Prepare of Sea Salt.
Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl or cruet. When you're ready to serve, arrange tomato and mozzarella slices on a platter. Some of the most delicious and satisfying dishes are also the simplest. That's where the caprese salad comes in.
Caprese Salad step by step
- Pour Balsamic Vinegar into a small sauce pan over med-low heat. Let reduce by half. This takes about 10 mins. This part can go bad quickly- keep watching and stir a few times. It's ready when it coats the back of a spoon when you hold it up. If you let it go too long, it will turn hard when it cools and stick in your teeth like Taffy. You will have to start over..
- Slice Tomatoes 🍅 and Chiffonade Basil. Chiffonade means to roll the leaf up then slice thinly. (This is what gives you those beautiful "ribbons").
- Get a small appetizer plate and place tomatoes first, then top with half of the Truffle Burrata Cheese ball. Next place Basil, salt and freshly ground Peppercorns. Last, top with Balsamic Vinegar..
This four-ingredient Italian-inspired starter is made with mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil or balsamic vinegar—plus, a sprinkling of flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Of course, this basic formula can be adjusted. This classic summer dish doesn't get any simpler or more delicious. Use different-colored heirloom tomatoes for the prettiest salad, and buffalo milk mozzarella for the best tasting one. Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese or tomato, mozzarella and basil salad is a cult dish of Italian cuisine.