Original Onion Soup recipe. In a large pan boil water, add stock cubes, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper. Then add the onion and garlic mix. Once the butter has been melted, add the onions (use a large pot).
The secret of the rich flavour lies in frying the onions very slowly until they are well browned, caramelised and sweet. Recipe by: Norma MacMillan Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Original Onion Soup recipe is something which I have loved my whole life. You can have Original Onion Soup recipe using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Original Onion Soup recipe
- It’s of large onions, minced.
- It’s of meat broth.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of yellow cheese, grated.
- It’s of butter.
- It’s of french bread (baguette), cut into slices.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- You need of black pepper to taste.
They are nice and they look fantastic. To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. Here is how you cook it. There are a lot of French Onion Soup recipes on Zaar, but I think that this very authentic version deserves a place on the list.
Original Onion Soup recipe step by step
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add in the onions and stir until the onions become soft and begin to change color..
- Add in the flour and stir well..
- Pour meat broth, stir and bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Flavor with salt and black pepper..
- Grill the slices of bread so they become toasted..
- Cover the bottom of the heatproof bowls with toasted bread. Sprinkle with some grated cheese and pour the onion soup. Place again 2-3 slices of toasted bread on top of the soup and sprinkle with grated cheese..
- Place the bowls in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted..
- Remove from heat and serve hot..
After making many of the existing recipes with success, I wrote down this recipe while watching Julia Child in a very old episode of "The French Chef". It takes a little longer, but the time is very well spent. It is also more detailed than others and includes fool. Recipe: Edge the wholemeal bread of the crust. In a saucepan, combine the vegetable base for the broth: carrots, celery, onion, and garlic with a tablespoon or two of water or chicken broth.