Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice. Besides garlic, other common ingredients in Japanese Garlic Fried Rice are butter and parsley. You can omit butter if you're vegan, or use a substitute. If you don't like parsley, you can replace it with scallions.
Somehow everyone ended up in a Japanese-style restaurant. These restaurants like Benihani made a special kind of fried rice – with garlic butter. This fried rice is so special because its so aromatic from the infused garlic yet super fluffy and a bit creamy from the butter. You can have Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice
- You need 2 cups of Cooked Rice.
- You need 300 g of Chicken Meat (skinless, boneless, cut into pieces).
- You need 1 cup of Frozen Veggies.
- You need 2 pc of Eggs (whisked).
- It’s 70 g of Yellow Onion (chopped finely).
- You need 30 g of Spring Onions (chopped roughly).
- Prepare as needed of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare as needed of Salt, Pepper and Soy Sauce to season.
- Prepare of Garlic Butter Recipe (mix well).
- It’s 1/3 block of Butter.
- Prepare 20 g of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 2 tsp of Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
It brings fried rice to a whole new level. Now it's time to assemble the fried rice. Pour safflower oil into a wok or a large frying pan over high heat. Add the rice and mix it well so it gets coated with oil.
Japanese Garlic Butter Fried Rice instructions
- COOK THE VEGGIES; Heat 2 Tbsp of Oil in a wok until hot. Fry the Onions until fragrant and translucent. Then add the Frozen Veggies and cook them until tender. Lastly, add the spring onions and cook for 10 seconds. Remove and set aside..
- COOK THE EGG; Heat 1 Tbsp of cooking oil in the wok until hot and cook the eggs scrambled. Remove and set aside..
- COOK THE CHICKEN; Heat 2 Tbsp of cooking in the wok until hot coating the surface well. Add the chicken and cook it for 2-3 minutes each side for 5-6 minutes total. Then add 2 Tbsp of the Garlic Butter and let cook for another minute or so. Remove and set aside..
- COOK THE RICE; Add the Cooked Rice to the wok. Them add 2 Tbsp of the Garlic Butter and mix well. Then add the Veggies, Eggs, Chicken and mix well again. Turn off the heat, season with 1 tsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce, 1-2 pinches of Salt as well as 1 or 2 dashes of pepper..
Stir so that rice gets thoroughly coated in the garlic butter. Add in the vegetables, chicken, and egg. The seductively savory combination of soy sauce, sake, butter, and garlic seasons this chicken-and-egg fried rice. It's a complete meal that the whole family will devour. Day-old rice works best in this recipe, so plan ahead.