Crepe cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Crepe cakes, also known as Mille crepe, look super impressive, but they really aren't complicated! You just need to make a ton of crepes and some delicious homemade whipped cream. (You can use store-bought, but homemade is so much better!) Some fresh berries seal the deal.
Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl, and whisk until fully incorporated and the batter is colored. Heat a large non-stick crêpe pan or frying pan. Add a drizzle of oil, then wipe out the excess with kitchen paper. You can cook Crepe cake using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crepe cake
- Prepare of all purpose flour (crepe mix).
- You need of eggs (crepe mix).
- It’s of vanilla extract (crepe mix).
- Prepare of grounded cinnamon (crepe mix).
- It’s of whole mila (crepe mix).
- Prepare of butter (crepe icing).
- You need of semi sweet chocolate chip (crepe icing).
- It’s of walnuts (crepe icing).
- You need of heavy cream (crepe icing).
- You need of mandarines (decoration).
When the pan is hot, add enough batter to just cover the surface, swirling it and pouring any excess back into the bowl. The pancake should be as thin as possible. Spread each crêpe with a thin layer of buttercream and sprinkle the praline or chopped pancetta over every other one. Pile them up on a serving board or cake stand.
Crepe cake instructions
- Prepare crepe mix by adding above crepe ingredients and make stack of crepes. Let crepes cool down..
- Melt butter, chocolate chips, add heavy cream and finely minced walnuts and stir througly until the icing is smooth..
- Make stack by layering 1 crepe at the time and spreading the icing. Continue until you run out of the crepes or icing..
- Decorate with mandarins and ENJOY this comfort food..
Finish with a layer of buttercream and the reserved pecans and pancetta. Cook until bottom surface of crepe begins to brown, then flip. Mille Crêpes or 'thousand crêpes cake' is a classic French dessert made with twenty or more delicate pancakes layered with silky patissiere cream and gently caramalised. Our irresistible Mille Crêpes are voted the best in London and come in a range of mouthwatering flavours including Matcha, Chocolate, Black Sesame, Coconut and Lychee. If you're making your own crêpes, whizz the crêpe ingredients (except the butter) in a food processor until combined, then put in a jug.