Mexican Rice. Very similar to the rice of a famous burrito place, this rice pairs well with Mexican food and can be used as a filler in burritos. Homemade Mexican rice is not supposed to be over flavored, the main dish should have the flavor and or the salsa that you serve should be as spicy as you desire. These flavors should not be expected to be in the rice.
Poblano Rice Made Easy This vibrant rice makes a hearty side. Looking for a Mexican rice recipe? In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, salsa and bouillon to a boil. You can cook Mexican Rice using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 1 Cup of Rice Uncooked long Grain.
- It’s 1 ¾ Cups of Chicken Broth Stock /.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of Onion , finely chopped.
- You need ¼ Teaspoon of Chilli powder.
- It’s ¾ Teaspoon of Cumin Ground.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato , finely chopped.
- It’s ½ of Bell Pepper , finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of Jalapeno , chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Directions In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water. This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick.
Mexican Rice instructions
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add rice..
- Cook, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden..
- While rice is cooking add salt and cumin, chilli powder..
- Stir in onions and cook until tender..
- Add chopped tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno, tomato paste and chicken broth; bring it to boil..
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes..
IF YOU OMIT THIS STEP YOUR RICE WILL NOT BE DRY AND FLUFFY. Prep the rice: Add rice to a fine mesh strainer and rinse it until the water runs clear. Add remaining ingredients: Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir in tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.