Caprese Salad. It is the perfect quick and easy accompaniment to any summer meal. Layer alternating slices of tomatoes and mozzarella, adding a basil leaf between each, on a large, shallow platter. Drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to.
Arrange the tomatoes, cheese and basil on a serving platter. Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients; drizzle over salad. If desired, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper. You can cook Caprese Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caprese Salad
- It’s 220 gr of baby mozzarella, halved.
- It’s 500 gr of cherry or grape tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of basil.
- It’s to taste of balsamic glaze.
- You need of Caprese salad dressing:.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 2.5 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of (each) dried oregano, dried parsley, and dried thyme / rosemary.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s to taste of ground black pepper.
Caprese is truly a magical and perfect combination of flavors, textures, and freshness: ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and some kind of drizzle of either olive oil or balsamic…or both. For this Caprese, I used a simple balsamic reduction, which results in a pretty presentation and gorgeous flavor. Caprese salad meets a Panzanella salad in this family-friendly dinner entrée. Toss a variety of heirloom and cherry tomatoes with crusty sourdough croutons, celery hearts, capers, torn fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves.
Caprese Salad instructions
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar. Beat until well blended. Adjust to taste..
- In a bowl, add the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and basil. Apply dressing. Stir gently..
- Arrange on a serving plate. Add balsamic glaze and sprinkle with the remaining basil just before serving. Yum 😋.
Top it off with breaded chicken cutlets. Get the Chicken Paillard with Caprese Panzanella Recipe This classic summer dish doesn't get any simpler or more delicious. Use different-colored heirloom tomatoes for the prettiest salad, and buffalo milk mozzarella for the best tasting one. Caprese Salad or Insalata Caprese or tomato, mozzarella and basil salad is a cult dish of Italian cuisine. You can also make a caprese with smaller tomato varieties, such as plum, roma, cherry, grape, or sungold.