Steamed Rice with Fried Egg, Sausage & Kimchi. Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. Traditional Chinese fried rice recipe calls for Chinese sausage or lap cheong (腊肠), vegetables, eggs, overnight rice and soy sauce. The ingredients are cooked over intense high heat in a Chinese wok, with the iconic aromas from the wok hei （镬气）or breathe of wok.
Break the lumps of cooked rice with your hand. Use the shallot oil to fry the rice. Place the Chinese sausage in boiling water for twenty seconds. You can cook Steamed Rice with Fried Egg, Sausage & Kimchi using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Rice with Fried Egg, Sausage & Kimchi
- You need of steamed rice (If you have leftovers, you might like to microwave a single serving with a damp paper towel covering it.).
- It’s of fried egg.
- Prepare of fried sausage (or hot dog or bacon).
- Prepare of soy sauce for drizzling.
- Prepare of toasted sesame oil for drizzling.
- It’s of chopped green onions for garnish.
- Prepare of kimchi.
When the rice has fully warmed up, add the cooked sausage, corn and peas and cook stirring often until the veggies are done. Stir in the bacon bits and scrambled eggs breaking it as you do so. Cook until everything is fully heated up. Transfer to a plate and garnish with green onions.
Steamed Rice with Fried Egg, Sausage & Kimchi instructions
- Put one serving of rice in a medium bowl (if leftovers, heat it up in a microwave with a damp paper towel on top, which will moisten and fluff the rice again)..
- Top with egg and whatever your choice of meat product. (To make a sunny side up egg, I start with a lightly oiled preheated medium-low pan. Starting at a lower heat will give your whites more time to cook through before they start burning.) You can throw your sliced sausage on the other side of the pan and let that fry while the egg's going..
- Drizzle with 1 to 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and toasted sesame oil, sprinkle with chopped green onions, get you some kimchi, and there you have it!.
- My kimchi recipe if you'd like to try your hand at homemade: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/1567994-kimchi-easier-than-you-think.
- Enjoy! :).
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In same skillet, cook and stir egg over medium heat until completely set. Stir in the rice, sausage, soy sauce, garlic and pepper. This is an easy-to-prepare fried rice dished passed down by my Japanese mother. You won't find anything like it in the restaurants.