Crepe Cake. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Crepe cakes, also known as Mille crepe, look super impressive, but they really aren't complicated! You just need to make a ton of crepes and some delicious homemade whipped cream. (You can use store-bought, but homemade is so much better!) Some fresh berries seal the deal.
Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl, and whisk until fully incorporated and the batter is colored. Heat a large non-stick crêpe pan or frying pan. Add a drizzle of oil, then wipe out the excess with kitchen paper. You can have Crepe Cake using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crepe Cake
- You need For of Crepe-.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of Refined Flour.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of castor sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 3 tsp of edible pink food colour.
- It’s 1.5 cups of milk.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of melted butter.
- It’s For of cake.
- You need 1 cup of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of whipping cream.
- It’s as required of Strawberries to garnish.
- It’s as required of Blackberries to garnish.
- It’s few of Mint sprig to garnish.
When the pan is hot, add enough batter to just cover the surface, swirling it and pouring any excess back into the bowl. The pancake should be as thin as possible. Spread each crêpe with a thin layer of buttercream and sprinkle the praline or chopped pancetta over every other one. Pile them up on a serving board or cake stand.
Crepe Cake step by step
- Sieve Refined flour in a bowl. Add sugar, egg, vanilla essence, edible food colour pink and whisk so that it’s lump free..
- Add milk gradually so that batter is smooth. Add melted butter and whisk well.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp butter and with a cloth rub it gently. Take 1/8 cup of the batter and add to the pan, spread equally all around the pan for 30 seconds on each side. When seen bubbles, toss gently and set aside on a plate with a palette knife. Complete the batches.
- For frosting – in a bowl take cream cheese and castor sugar and whisk until lump free..
- Add 1/4 cup whipping cream and gently fold it in. Add remaining whipping cream and fold in gently. Transfer to a piping bag and snip off the edge.
- In the serving plate add a little cream keep one crepe and add little of the cream in the centre, spread evenly and gently lay on the second one on top of it. Repeat until the batches are complete.
- Dust icing sugar and add a little of the frosting, garnish with blueberries, strawberries and mint sprig. Cut a slice and place a strawberry, blueberry and a mint sprig. Enjoy 😊.
Finish with a layer of buttercream and the reserved pecans and pancetta. Cook until bottom surface of crepe begins to brown, then flip. Mille Crêpes or 'thousand crêpes cake' is a classic French dessert made with twenty or more delicate pancakes layered with silky patissiere cream and gently caramalised. Our irresistible Mille Crêpes are voted the best in London and come in a range of mouthwatering flavours including Matcha, Chocolate, Black Sesame, Coconut and Lychee. If you're making your own crêpes, whizz the crêpe ingredients (except the butter) in a food processor until combined, then put in a jug.