Onion, aubergine and tomato bake recipe. Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. Recent recipes onion, aubergine and tomato bake sautéed kale with chorizo and crispy garlic saucy red bell pepper pizza sauce tortilla zucchini casserole printer friendly paula deen's lady cheesy mac pasta with arugula pesto allrecipes.com potato-crusted codfish steaks with lemon butter sauce. roast pork chops with caramelised apples open-faced bacon, lettuce, and fried green tomato . Quickly brown the aubergine slices on each side.
Heat a saucepan over a medium heat. Add one tablespoon of the olive oil and, once hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Peel and slice the onion into half moons and chop the peeled potato, red pepper and aubergines into chunks the size of a nutmeg. You can cook Onion, aubergine and tomato bake recipe using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion, aubergine and tomato bake recipe
- It’s 100 g of white bread.
- You need 100 g of Cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 1 of aubergine.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tablespoon of coriander.
- Prepare of Baby tomatoes and red 🌶 to decorate.
Halve the aubergines lengthways and score the skin with a knife. Place the aubergine, garlic cloves and lemon pieces on a baking tray. Meanwhile, toss the aubergines and onion with the remaining oil and place in a single layer in a roasting tin. In a deep dish, layer the tomato sauce followed by a layer of aubergines and then potatoes.
Onion, aubergine and tomato bake recipe instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a bowl mix together 100g fresh breadcrumbs and 100g grated cheddar cheese, set aside..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook 2 sliced onions over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until softened and browned slightly.
- Add in 1 can chopped tomatoes, 1 crushed clove garlic, 2 tsp dried oregano, salt to taste, chilli flakes and black pepper. Add aubergines to it..
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring, until thickened a little..
- Transfer into an oven-proof dish, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, some coriander and cheese and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, until the top is nicely golden and the tomato sauce bubbling..
Repeat until you've used up all the ingredients, finishing with a little sauce. For the sauce, add the butter and the oil to a heavy based saucepan. Crumble in the vegetable stock cube and add the oregano, salt, pepper and sugar, then stir. Heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the tin of tomatoes and fill the tin up halfway with water and add that too.