Bread Pudding. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book Looking For Great Deals? Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Have now made three using this recipe.
Rip the bread into small pieces and place into a bowl with the sultanas. Mix the egg, milk, soft brown sugar and mixed spice together and pour over the ripped bread. Scrunch the bread in the milk mix until the liquid is all soaked in. You can cook Bread Pudding using 30 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- Prepare of A. Bread Pudding.
- It’s 8-10 slices of bread (buttered).
- You need of (Or use croissants, brioche etc).
- You need 60 g of butter (melted).
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 of white sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of thickened cream.
- You need of (Or milk. We use whatever available but love thickened cream).
- You need of B. Sauce.
- Prepare 300 g of milk (or use both cream & milk- anything available).
- It’s 1-2 tbsp of sugar/maple syrup.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn flour.
- You need 1 tsp of custard powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanila extract.
- Prepare Pinch of nutmeg (opt).
- You need of Note: Some using only egg yolks (4-5 yolks) and cream instead of milk for sauce. For this type of sauce, do not add flour for thickening.
- Prepare of It’s simpler but for that much of yolks i have to come up with another dish/recipe for the egg whites. Adjust & taste.
- Prepare of C. Optional Sauce Recipe (fr drive me hungry).
- You need 1/2 C of milk.
- You need 1/2 C of half and half.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolk.
- It’s 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Note: if half and half is not available – use 1 C of milk + 1 tbsp melted butter.
- You need of Cream sugar & egg yolk.
- Prepare of Heat milk to a slightly simmer. Ladle milk into egg yolk mixture slowly until finish & keep whisking in between additions.
- You need spoon of Return mixture to the pot & heat until sauce thickens & coats at the back of the.
- You need of Add vanilla once it cools.
Home » Recipes » Bread » Old Fashioned Bread Pudding. Delicious warm with custard or cold as a cake. From Nigella's bread and butter pudding recipe to Levi Roots' zesty cranberry and lime version, try this old fashioned pud for a comforting classic. Cut the crusts off the bread.
Bread Pudding step by step
- A. For Bread pudding – prepare ingredients- melt butter. Put aside. Grease ramekins with butter. Prepare bread – use any type of bread available – white, brioche, croissants. For white bread, trim the edges & butter both sides. cut into preferred size. Place/arrange cut bread into greased ramekins. Keep aside. Layer with sultanas (optional / if available).
- Crack eggs, stir in sugar & melted butter until well mixed. Next, add thickened cream. Whisk until well combined. Using a fine sieve, Strain this mixture into another bowl. Then, Ladle this mixture over the bread in ramekins & place ramekins in a bain marie. Bake at 180°C for 20-25mins or until the bread is golden in colour & filling is slightly set. Note: Preheat oven to 180°C & prepare water bath/ bain marie before baking bread pudding..
- B. Sauce – crack egg & whisk in corn flour, custard powder & maple syrup or sugar until well combined. We use maple syrup. Anything available. Put aside. scald milk over medium heat (This is use to temper the egg). Turn off the heat..
- Ladle scalded milk into egg mixture slowly while whisking quickly until well combined. Ladle milk in batches. (Skipping this step, risking eggy sauce & curdled egg/sauce, so, avoid skipping this process). Return to the heat and keep whisking (over medium heat first then switch to low) until mixture thickened. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla extract once sauce is slightly cooled/warm..
- Serve bread pudding with sauce..
Spread each slice with on one side with butter, then cut into triangles. Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in. Bread Pudding is a nostalgic blast from the past for most people. The main ingredients in this traditional Bread Pudding recipe are fruit, milk and wholemeal bread, so we can kid ourselves it's good for us too! Cut the bread up into one inch squares and put into a large bowl cover with water and leave to soak for half an hour or so.