Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch). A homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe made from scratch using a whole chicken. With a beautifully flavoured golden chicken broth, this is a classic everyone should know! Made the old fashioned way by boiling a whole chicken, you can toss in any vegetables, noodles or pasta and it's going to be amazing.
All you need is a whole chicken (cut into parts), water, celery, onions, and carrots, seasonings, and egg noodles. The recipe is basically two parts: First you make the stock. There are two parts of this recipe that really make it "from scratch"—the first is using a whole chicken to create the stock, right in the same pot that you cook the soup in. You can cook Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch)
- Prepare 1 of chicken (remove giblets, rinse).
- You need 5 of celery stocks.
- Prepare 5 of carrot sticks.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 batch of noodles (See recipe).
It gives you so much incredible flavor that you'll never be able to recreate using a store bought broth. Chicken noodle soup from scratch is to store bought canned soup like perfectly grilled New York striploin steaks are to boiled hamburger. Maybe I'm overstating it but you get the idea. Bring stock to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
Chicken Noodle Soup (from scratch) instructions
- Place the chicken in a stock pot. Cover with water. (Water should be about an inch above the chicken).
- Cut the vegetables up. At aside..
- Simmer the chicken (at least 1.5 hours). Remove the foam as it develops..
- After at least 1.5 hours: Add the vegetables. Continue to simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the stove. Remove all ingredients. Strain the broth..
- Prep the ingredients for the soup: cut vegetables, remove meat from the bones, discard the chicken skin, and prep the noodles (See my recipe)..
- Place broth, chicken, and the vegetables back into the stock pot. Add spices. Turn heat on high (to boil)..
- Add the noodles and cook till desired..
- Serve and enjoy..
Add in onion, carrot, celery and noodles. Add in chicken and stir to combine. For the easiest chicken noodle soup, if you have a rotisserie or leftover chicken, instead of adding chicken thighs to the pot, add two to three cups of shredded or diced cooked chicken to the soup at the same time as adding the dried noodles. This chicken noodle soup is creamy, flavorful, and full of chicken & fresh veggies! Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.