Bourbon Based Salmon. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Place salmon fillets on top of dark brown soft sugar mixture. Turn salmon and pour bourbon around the fillets. Here is how you cook that. You can cook Bourbon Based Salmon using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bourbon Based Salmon
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of salmon fillets.
- It’s 1 of Marinade.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of to 4 tablespoons of good bourbon.
- You need 3 tbsp of green onions, chopped small.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 of inch fresh ginger,peeled and finely chopped.
In a medium saucepan, combine the bourbon, maple syrup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, soy sauce, garlic, and apple cider vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high. Continue to simmer rapidly, stirring almost constantly. The mixture will look very active and almost foamy.
Bourbon Based Salmon instructions
- place salmon skin down in shallow baking dish, making sure it can lay flat..
- remove any bones.
- in a small bowl mix all ingredients of the marinade..
- pour marinade over fish and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- turn the fish over so the skin is up, and refrigerate for another 30 min..
- take the salmon out and brush with a little vegetable oil..
- put on a medium hot grill Skin side up..
- cook 4 to 5 min. to get nice grill marks..
- if you , lift and turn 45° and grill for another 4 to 5 min..
- fish is done when you can easily slide the fish off the skin..
- when you flip the fish over the second time baste with a little of the marinade..
- this can be served hot or cold!.
For the glaze: In a small saucepan, combine the bourbon, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and mustard. Remove from heat and let sit to thicken. Pat salmon fillets dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. The bourbon just helps highlight all the delicious sweet and savory flavors in the marinade.