Buttery garlic naan bread recipe. Enjoy your local restaurant favorites from the comfort of your own home. The food you want, when you want it. Choose from our loaf-ly selection of quick & easy recipes available online today FOR NAAN BREAD Combine together the water, sugar and yeast.
It is perfect in texture and flavour. Soft, fluffy, tasty…they are so addictive that you won't. Homemade Buttery Garlic Naan Indian Bread Recipe – Quick And Easy Naan Bread Recipe. You can cook Buttery garlic naan bread recipe using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttery garlic naan bread recipe
- You need of warm water.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of active dry yeast or instant (rapid rise).
- Prepare of warm milk.
- You need of plain Greek yogurt or natural plain yogurt.
- Prepare of vegetable oil plus 2 tablespoons extra for cooking.
- You need of garlic minced.
- Prepare of plain flour plus extra for dusting — 19 1/2 oz. or 560g.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of butter, melted.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- You need of fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
So, I'm not a bread person however, I cannot resist biting into this famous Indian bread. It is rich and soft with the right balance of flavor. When combined with curries or stir-fried veggies, you cannot resist these. In India, when you walk into a restaurant which serves.
Buttery garlic naan bread recipe step by step
- Combine together the water, sugar and yeast. Let sit for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture begins to bubble on top.
- Add in the milk, yogurt, oil, minced garlic, flour baking powder and salt. Mix until the dough comes together with your hands..
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Use floured hands to knead the dough until smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes..
- Lightly grease the same mixing bowl with a small spray of cooking oil. Transfer dough to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest at room temperature for about an hour until doubled in size..
- When ready to cook, divide the dough into 10 equal pieces. Roll into balls, then use a rolling pin to roll each piece of dough into a large oval, about 6-inches long and 1/8-inch thick. Repeat with remaining dough..
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Grease skillet all over with 1/2 teaspoon of the extra oil..
- Place one piece of the naan on the oiled hot skillet and cook until bubbles form on top, about 1-2 minutes. While cooking, brush the top with a little oil..
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until large golden spots appear on the bottom..
- Remove from the skillet and wrap in a clean kitchen towel. Repeat with the remaining naan (keep them wrapped in a towel while you work)..
- Combine melted butter and minced garlic together in a bowl. Brush each naan with the garlic butter and top with the fresh herb of your choosing..
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC NAAN Add flour, baking powder, salt, water, parsley, garlic, and olive oil to bowl. Brush with garlic butter and enjoy! Frozen naan bread thaws quickly at room temperature. Reheat in the microwave or on a skillet over low-medium heat, then brush with garlic butter. Take one of the naans and put it on a grill pan.