Simple Bread Recipe. Choose from our loaf-ly selection of quick & easy recipes available online today Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders This lightly sweetened easy-bake bread is a great way to use up any seeds, nuts or flavourings. Turn the dough into an oiled bread tin and put in a warm place until the bread fills the tin.
Paul Hollywood's easy white bread recipe shows you. Pile the flour on to a clean surface and make a large well in the centre. Pour half your water into the well, then add your yeast, sugar and salt and stir with a fork. You can cook Simple Bread Recipe using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Bread Recipe
- It’s of flour.
- It’s of lukewarm cup water.
- Prepare of yeast (2 tbsp).
- You need of egg.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
Add the yeast and mix with a fork for a couple of minutes. Pour in most of the flour and half a teaspoon of sea salt, then use a fork to mix together until you can't move it anymore. Bring the mixture together with a round-bladed knife to form a dough and then turn out onto a floured surface. Put the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the butter.
Simple Bread Recipe step by step
- Add yeast, sugar, egg to warm water.
- Let the yeast mixture rest for two minutes.
- In a bowl or using stand mixer, mix together flour and salt.
- Add yeast mixture in little at a time until a dough is formed.
- Cover dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, form little ball with dough, about 1 inch diameter and transfer to a greased pan..
- Cover and let is rise again for another 15 to 20 min..
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Add the yeast at one side of the bowl and add the salt at the other, otherwise the salt will kill the yeast. Before baking, with a sharp knife add a few scores to the top of your bread. Leave to cool on a wire rack or enjoy warm, sliced with lots of butter. Find easy bread recipes and how-to videos for white, wholemeal and everything in between. From soda bread and baguettes to bread machine recipes, sourdough, flatbreads and more.