Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! This is our favorite Apple Strusel Coffee Cake adapted to muffin size.
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins Instructions. Pour this applesauce mixture over the flour mixture and stir until just combined, do not over mix. Gently fold in the chopped apples. You can have Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins
- You need of MUFFINS.
- It’s of large red or green eating apple I used Cortland, peeled and cored and cut into small cubes.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- It’s of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare of large eggs.
- It’s of Vanilla extract.
- You need of sour cream.
- It’s of STRUEUSEL TOPPING.
- Prepare of Light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of cold salted butter, cubed.
- It’s of toffee bits, such as health bits.
- Prepare of roasted chopped nuts, almonds, cashews,walnuts and/or honey roasted peanuts. if you don't like nuts, leave them out.
- It’s of ICING/GLAZE.
- It’s of recipe my The Best Icing / Glaze recipe, recipe attached in direction step #10.
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins Step By Step. They are loaded with apples, a hint of cinnamon, and LOTS of streusel topping. For my non-muffin lover I may have called them individual coffee cakes. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened (batter will be stiff).
Apple Strusel Coffee Cake Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven n to 350. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together in a bowl, flour baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, hutmeg and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy Add eggs one at a time beating each egg in, then add vanilla.
- With mixer at low speed alternate flour mixture with sour cream starting and ending with flour, fold in apples, batter will be thick.
- Spoon evenly into muffin tins.
- MAKE STRUSEL TOPPING.
- Combine flour, light brown sugar and cinnamon in food processor, mix, add cold butter and pulse until it looks like sand, stir in nuts and toffee chips. This can be done in a bowl with a fork as well.
- Divide strusel topping evenly among muffins. Bake 18 to 24 minutes until a toothpick just comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then remove from pans and cool before glazing.
- Glaze muffins with Icing/Glaze attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356666-the-best-vanilla-icingglaze.
Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling to the top. Pack the streusel topping on top of the muffin batter and gently press down so it sticks while baking. Let cool in muffin pan on top of a wire cooling rack. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Add liquids to muffin flour mixture and stir until just combined.